Arizona-Phoenix

Cake Vendor Recommendations Needed!

Hey Ladies,I was planning on making my own wedding cake, but now I am having doubts.  I have made wedding cakes before, but I think it will be too stressful.  Can you give me your vendor recommendations for bakeries?Thanks for all of your help!  You ladies have saved me multiple times!
Photobucket

Re: Cake Vendor Recommendations Needed!

• edited December 2011
    PIECE of Cake.... awesome awesome awesome!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I did numerous cake tasting and the BEST tasting cake BY FAR was La Dolce Pesca!!! I dream about her cakes :-) www.ladolcepesca.com BTW, I think you are smart to have a baker doing it, baking your own cake is going to be sooooo much stress on your wedding day that you do not need! JMO
  • edited December 2011
    Piece of Cake (our Rehaearsal Dinner) and Nothing Bundt Cakes (wedding cake/buffet).
  • GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Ella at Classic Cakes & Confections. She's fantastic & her cakes are A-MAZING! Her designs are the kind you see on TV or at celebrity weddings. Because of this, I thought her prices were going to ridiculous. However, I was surprised that she charged the same as other bakeries (even cheaper than some), yet she puts so much more work/hours into her designs. For example, we're having a bouquet of sugar flowers as our topper & she makes all of these by hand, petal by petal. Not only do her cakes look good, they also taste fantastic too! She has great cake/buttercream frosting flavors to choose from & you can tell she uses high quality ingredients. For example, her buttercream frosting is so light & fluffy (not your typical Crisco buttercream frosting) & her fondant tastes like marshmallows so much so that we ate it plain (I always thought fondant tasted disgusting, but that wasn't the case here). I can't say enough great things about Ella & her cakes/designs! Feel free to email me if you have any questions: gogalina at aol dot com. Good luck!http://www.classiccakesandconfections.com/
  • Fondue IIFondue II member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Piece of Cake Desserts. Now I have cake on the brain. I'm so glad we ordered more cake than we actually needed--I'm off to the freezer to cut myself a slice. :)
  • mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a recommendation, but I do have a DON'T USE suggestion. The Cake Contessa. She did my wedding cake and I was more than dissapointed in a variety of areas. It was falling over within 5 minutes of her leaving, and she would not return our calls requesting her to come back and fix it. Also, she just forgot to do our cake topper. When she realized this, she just left, instead of figuring something out. She also told me that it must have been the "teenagers by the table" that made the cake start to fall over. Right. I emailed her asking for at least an explanation, and she did not take responsibility for anything and at one point told me I was flat out wrong. Stay away from her!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience Mal. It doesn't surprise me though because I think there was a problem with her on this board a while ago. On a brighter note :-) how was your wedding otherwise? As soon as you get pics will you post them please? I know you looked beautiful!
  • mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya, I know she used to pose as a bride on here. She can make gluten free cakes (which I need, since I have celiac disease) and she can make them really well. But "can" is the important word, because when it came down to it, she didn't. The only good cake was at the tasting. Anyway, I will post pics as soon as I get them! My photog said to expect it to be another week or so. The wedding went wonderfully! I wish I could do it all again, it was so much fun. Thanks for asking!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I also used Ella at Classic Cakes and Confections and we couldn't have been happier.  The cake was GORGEOUS and so delicious.  Multiple people said that they had more than one slice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards