South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Looking for a nice hotel & place to eat

Hey ladies. I was hoping since you are local to Charleston you could help me out a little. My FI and I are from PA and therefore not very familiar with SC. However, we are drving down this coming June to Florida. We have decided to stop on our way home to spend the night in Charleston. I was hoping that you would have a good suggestion on a nice hotel and some place nice to eat. Something with some local flare. We are only staying the one night and then continuing home. But I was hoping we could get a taste of the area for the short time we are there. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Looking for a nice hotel & place to eat

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely stay downtown. I would recommend looking at tripadvisor or expedia as prices vary widely...Charleston Place is 300+ and is nice then there are lots of inns downtown and some you can get more reasonably. Mills House is great too. Hanks is great local food. For local fare SNOBs and 82 Queen are both good...Though there are lots of great restaurants.  
  • Options
    karismaraykarismaray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked in hospitality for a few years in Charleston and there are lots of great hotels & TONS of good restaurants. It really depends on your budget and what kind of experience you want to have.On the higher end, the French Quarter Inn & the Charleston Place are my favorites. On the lower end (but still WONDERFUL), the Renaissance, the Mills House the Doubletree, and the Holiday Inn Historic are the best. The Holiday Inn has the best concierge in town!Coast & Hanks have the best seafood in town! High Cotton & SNOB are ultimate Charleston dinner experiences. FIG & Muse are amazing. Mercato if you love Italian. Have a blast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards