South Asian Weddings

Invitation help

FI and I are working on invitations and could use some help.  We are having two ceremonies in the same day, both at the same location, with a snack after one and the reception following the other.I would like to have both ceremonies on the same insert, but FI wants separate ones.  I'm a little stumped on how to do this without sounding redundant.We are also having a mehendi party.Is it necessary to request an RSVP for the mehendi, each ceremony, and the reception and could it all be done on one card?    I thought one card with three lines (mehendi, ceremony 1, and ceremony 2) would suffice, but FI says that he usually receives multiple RSVP cards and a separate RSVP card for the reception.  This seems like overkill and way too complicated.Would you mind sending me your invitation and rsvp templates or offering some advice?Thanks and sorry if this is confusing.  I'm sleepy and tired of "discussing" invitations with FI this evening!  :-)

Re: Invitation help

• Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My rough mock up (pre-editing, but you get the general idea) is in my bioFor the invitation - I would do both ceremonies on the same invite.  You could do a separate reception card insert OR you could just add "reception to follow" on the invitation with the two ceremonies.I would do a separate insert for the mehendi party.I think having separate RSVP cards is way too complicated.  I think it should all be listed on one rsvp, however I don't think you need to separate the two ceremonies on the rsvp (unless you really need it for some specific headcount reason).  Otherwise I would just list out Mehendi, Ceremony, Reception
  • edited December 2011
    We have a different number of guests for the mehendi than the ceremonies/reception.  We definitely need to pay attention to distribution and I thought at most we'd need two versions of the RSVP card - one with the mehendi and one without.  We need an idea of head count for the first ceremony because it will be used by the venue for the refreshments served afterwards. I was assuming those attending ceremony 2 would go to the reception immediately to follow but FI thinks we need to spell it out.  It would be 4 lines on the RSVP card, which seems like a lot to list on one card - but definitely better than multiple cards.  If I were the guest I'd get confused or lose something along the way!
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're doing a different number of people for the mehendi, then I would do a separate mehendi insert.  For the mehndi could you do an online rsvp, since generally the mehndi is a more casual event.  So you would have the invitation (which would contain all of the ceremony and reception information)Then you could have one insert for the mehendi (which would only be stuck in certain peoples invitations) with an email or phone rsvp option.And another insert with the main RSVP, which would just indicate the ceremony and reception.  Even though you need a ceremony headcount, I don't think its necessary to separate the ceremonies and give them their own rsvp line.  I think it's a little unnecessary to list both ceremonies on the rsvp.  I think it's perfectly fine to do something like this (or whatever variation you like):____ will attend ceremony____ will attend receptionAlso, another option would be to do a completely different invitation for the mehendi.  YOu could do a simpler invitation with an email rsvp.
  • edited December 2011
    How much time is between your ceremonies?  Because we had 15 minutes for our snack (which was just served lassis) between our ceremonies and we just had our invitation list 4:00 and listed on our website and spread the word that we were actually having two ceremonies.  We also asked people not to get up in between the ceremonies - it made things take less time :)I would suggest just having two versions of the RSVP card - one for the ceremony (or ceremonies depending on if they are at two completely different times) and another with an extra line for hte mehndi.  Having your guests fill out multiple RSVP cards seems too complicated
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody for the great feedback!  Hopefully we'll finalize this weekend so his parents can take the drafts to India with them next week for printing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards