Wedding Etiquette Forum

Iiiiiit's Friiiiiiday!!!!

Woohoo! I hope you all have a sparkling day!

Re: Iiiiiit's Friiiiiiday!!!!

• Thank goodness!!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • cfasz, your signature is enitrely too big if you're gonna post on the nationals regularly, just sayin...THAT AND I'm also working a half day. Boo. Ya.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Yay.   I'm on vacation for the next 5 days.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Are you going anywhere or doing anything, Lynda?

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm on eternal vacation till somebody hires me. But. It has felt like a super long week. :)
  • Oh, that's right Kel! How's the job search going?

The Margarita Evolution
  • It's ok Fishy. I've applied & haven't been hired yet. I think I'm over qualified? I got denied for a Teller position at a bank. That hurt.
  • Hooray!  Happy Friday.  I have to work 10 hours today and some how managed to show up 20 minutes early.  BLAH.
  • BURN! That sucks. They probably think they have to pay you more?

The Margarita Evolution
  • It took way too long to get here. Heres hoping this day flies by. Im exhausted.
  • Kel, I had that problem too in the DC area...for a whole year!  Why hire someone with 20 yrs experience when you can get someone with five yrs for 1/2 price and just train them yourself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nope.  I was suppose to be on a plane right now to Philly for the Eagles-Cowboy's game. Things popped up at work for DH so we had cancelled. My work schedule was already posted, so I had to still take the time off.Basically DH is working all weekend and I'm off.  I'm sure I will just go to the beach on something.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Probably. So my search continues :)
  • aMrs, I know! I have 8 years of Customer Service experience, 4 of which were in a Supervisor position and included Inside Sales. I feel like I might need to dumb down my resume to make me more hireable. Is that even a word? Regardless, it sucks. Screw you, DC!
  • Woo-hoo! And since it is only the third day this week I've worked (got Tuesday off as a furlough day, got yesterday off as a "my child is sick and needs to go home from school" day), life is A-Okay here.
  • people who can spend that long in customer service seriously deserve a medal or something. I only lasted 4 and felt like going postal on everyone because of it. Strong willpower to have not punched anyone out by now sco.
  • ::does friday dance:: Yeah, a lot of times folks won't look at you if you're overqualified because they figure you won't stay in the position for a long enough time. That's what we do at my company at least. Dumbing down your resume isn't a bad idea. Good luck!
  • Ha! Nebb, I've definitely had the urge to punch some people out. I thought maybe it was just my job getting to me (IE - employer/employees, not the actual job). I really don't care what I do. I'm just ready for something new.
  • Move to canada!! We have tons of jobs (we really dont, dont let me fool you).
  • Ha! Nebb! You're funny. We do want to move but can't yet. J's job is in limbo too.
  • To Canada?!?
  • So happy!  This week has just dragged on, and on...
  • I was at the coffee maker just a minute ago, and it dawned on me that today is Friday.  I had to think back to last night and remember whether or not I watched The Office.  I love when I forget it's Friday.  It's a nice surprise.  Unfortunately, I have to be at the courthouse at 8 am to to pay a ticket, so boo on that.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Sco, if you want to dumb yourself, please go to the dictionary of WW.  My newest vocab word is: affenceiveAny guesses on what that translated to in real world English?
  • Offensive!?And that spelling is offensive to me.
  • Ha! Kate. You are too funny.
  • Happy Friday ladies! I'm so glad it's here. I've been entirely too busy this week. Today is the first day in a while that I don't have a shitton of meetings all over my calendar. yay!
  • Oh yes.  Offensive.  I am learning a whole new language over there. Also it seems that telling people "I'm the shiit so get up out my toilet" is giving yourself a compliment.
  • Dude. Can I steal that from you? That's the best!I'm the shiit so get up out my toilet. HA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards