New Jersey
Options

Is there a park where I can bring alcohol?

or a place like that...I know that NJ state parks are dry, but I need something that allows booze. I called a place but they want $15 per person, and thats just too much for just an entrance feeI want to throw a clambake for Fi's 30th birthday. It can really be anywhere in NJ, since his friends are all over, i would prefer the monmouth county area, but its not important

Re: Is there a park where I can bring alcohol?

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MYE. There is a place in Whitehouse called Pickle Park.  You have to call and rent it out. You can bring beer and wine and I think the permit is $10.  My best friend had a destination wedding and did a picnic there. I think you can only be there until dusk. Its really not anything super special,  but they have like pavillion that you can set up food and stuff under.  Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Holmdel Park or Thompson Park- I see people having BBQs there all the time and could swear they have beer.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a picnic every year in Thompson Park in Monroe Township. You pay for the spot and then like $60 for a liquor license. I tried to have it in Holmdel this year because its much nicer. However, its crazy expensive for the spot. And all Monmouth County parks are dry. Who knew.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Monmouth Battlefield Park & Allaire.  I don't know about the alcohol thing but I know I have seen BBQs at Battlefield!  I can't imagine they were dry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and they have a good size concrete patio area with tables, etc.  We used to have a lot of my brother's kiddie birthday parties there, but I know they have upgraded it.
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its possible to apply for a alcohol permit to any park?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I almost want to say or thought Island beach did allow it, along with fires.It would be at the end part for fishermen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not in Monmouth County. Or at least county parks, like Holmdel. But in Middlesex you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards