West Virginia

Bakery's in the Charleston area

Does anyone know of any good bakery's in the Charleston area.  I really like Spring Hill Pastry but their cake flavors are very limited. 

Re: Bakery's in the Charleston area

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_west-virginia_bakerys-in-the-charleston-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:132Discussion:2e48c3ba-b113-4bc5-91af-2ebe665469a4Post:bdfaef08-cb1e-4fde-ac72-bc06822831fd">Bakery's in the Charleston area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know of any good bakery's in the Charleston area.  I really like Spring Hill Pastry but their cake flavors are very limited. 
    Posted by starbritte1[/QUOTE]

There are some start-up bakeries around. Sarah Lane does good work, from what I hear. I bough cupcakes from Sugar Pie Bakery in Kanawha CIty and they were good. Not too sure if they have a variety of flavors, though. Look around on Facebook. Are you from the area? I can give you the name of the lady who did our cake. She does it as a hobby, though, so I'm not sure she's what you're looking for. Good luck!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi There
    Thanks for the feedback, yes please provide that contact information - I am originally from WV (South Charleston).  I am looking for a variety of flavors besides the norm (white, yellow, or chocolate) that is offered at Spring Hills Pastry.  Don't get me wrong their cakes etc are fantastic by all means but I am looking for Red Velvet, Lemon, Italian Cream, Raspberry chocolate, etc.  Again Thanks
  • Sorry I'm just getting back to you. I forgot I posted here. Anyway, you can find her on Facebook. Her name is Lindsey Mann Webb. Her Facebook is private, but you can look at her albums and see her cakes. Hope that helps you!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lindsay is awesome. I have her contact information. She has done cakes for my family. She can make any labor you like. She did a red velvet and vanilla cream as well as chocolate and peanut butter filling. Sara LAN is very talented too.
  • All Thanks so much - I will give both of them a call. 

Best Wishes
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_west-virginia_bakerys-in-the-charleston-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:132Discussion:2e48c3ba-b113-4bc5-91af-2ebe665469a4Post:6569779b-3e0e-4aff-86c1-ed9e032f678b">Re: Bakery's in the Charleston area</a>:
    [QUOTE]All Thanks so much - I will give both of them a call.  Best Wishes
    Posted by starbritte1[/QUOTE]

Hi, my name is Lindsey Mann-Webb and I appreciate all the love out there for my cakes! I would be happy to design and create the special cake your looking for. I have a list of amazing flavors and fillings that would meet your needs.  I would be glad to meet with you and do a free consultation.  My website can be found at <a href="http://www.wix.com/mannthatsgood/cakes" rel="nofollow">www.wix.com/mannthatsgood/cakes</a> and my email address is <a href="mailto:Mannthatsgood@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">Mannthatsgood@gmail.com</a>.  Hope to hear from you soon!   (P.S. I deliver for free in the local area).
  • I used Dutchess bakery but they closed down :(  They were good cause we had a three tiar cake and it was two differnt flavors the top and botton was vanilla and the middle was lemon.  I wish they were still open.

• Not sure if you found anyone, but I'd highly recommend Cupcake Novelties. I personally loved her treats and have also heard a lof of good reviews from people around here! She's in Winchester. Let me know if you need her info. Her FB page is www.facebook.com/cupcakenovelties :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards