Attire & Accessories Forum

can't decide

Currently trying to decide between two dresses. Has anyone else had this problem? What made you pick one over the other?

Re: can't decide

• I also had this problem...I chose the dress that when I put it on I said "I think this could be it", the other one didn't generate that response. I also felt the one I chose fit better with everything else I wanted to do (hair/shoes/veil and general feeling of the wedding). Good luck!
  • Yup. I ended up picking the gown that is more me (how I pictured myself as a bride). While I loved how the other dress look on me, it was a style that I didn't think was "me".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had two finalists a number of times LOLThe last two I just chose the one that I kept comparing every other one to.  I feel like I just kept picturing myself in it.  The other finalist I found at the very last minute and sometimes I still think about it but I don't regret my decision.
  • yeahhhh, this sucked so much for me! I couldn't pick, so I thought I should keep looking/ try on other gowns, and I just kept coming back to these 2! (Maggie's Hunter and Melissa) In the end, my best friend and I went alone (I had been shopping by myself- I kid you not I tried on 60+ dresses, didn't want to drag anyone around for that) So my friend came with and honestly gave me her unbiased opinion (which was SOOO helpful). I ended up realizing what was really keeping me from choosing the one that I did- the sample was way too big on me and it just didn't sit right on my hips. The lady helping me worked hard on getting it all pinned up correctly and once I saw that I was CONVINCED! :)
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • I chose the one that was (a) cheaper, and (b) had fewer things that I wanted to tweak. My mom didn't like the other one anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • I think that I am leaning more towards one, its more expenisve but would take less to alter. Was talking to MOH and said I would be really sad if one of the dresses was discontinued, pretty sure I made my mind up right there.
  • Yes, I did have that problem to and the one that I picked I did because of my mother's reaction, she cried and I knew that was the one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I found it really helpful to have my mom and a few bridesmaids there that I trusted their opinion. I bought my dress at Kleinfelds and the biggest question they ask is "do you see yourself in this dress on your wedding day?" I think for a bride they can see themselves in a few different ways on their wedding day, so its nice to have your friends their to remind you of who you really are and not who you want to be on your wedding day. It also helps to see them crying the minute you put on "the one." That is a good indicator :)
  • I am CURRENTLY having this problem! I had it narrowed down to 2 in the store, but kinda was leaning towards 1 of them, but they only had it in that rosey pink color (and I want white).  When I showed the pictures of the 2 to all my BM and close family, they all but 2 liked the other one.  So I am torn.  I am worried I wouldn't like it as much in white....but ah! I'm still looking other places, but I keep coming back to it.  We will see!  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am currently having this problem. The two dresses are very similar the big difference is one is twice as much as the other. The women at the store gave me two ways to think about it. The first is imagine yourself getting ready on your wedding day, which dress do you see yourself putting on? The second is imagine you are telling a friend about the two dresses, which one to you describe with more enthusiasm? Neither helped me actually purchase a dress but that is because I am so bad at making decisions like this!
  • i had two dresses i was torn between.  I took like a month break and went back and tried both of them on with a few new ones.  I found a new one that i absolutely love and quickly forgot the other two!
  • I 2nd paul&kat- that's exactly what happened to me too!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • I have the same problem. I found a Demetrios, but then I found a Mia Solano. Still can't decide. I'm glad I not the only one going through this.
  • i personally thought that i was going to have the " this is the one" moment- didn't happen. MOH hasn't seen the second dress, but my mom did and she clearly likes it better than the first. She also sugguested that even though it is more, it can be altered ( i know bridal sin) into a shorter dress and or used for a baby blanket because it is a better qualiyt of fabric.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards