Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hellooo =)

Morning ladies! How is everyone? What's been going on this week? I haven't been around much lately.

Re: Hellooo =)

• Hey duds :) I'm at work, writing my own nomination for an award.  I guess my boss likes me enough to nominate me, but not enough to write it herself.  ?? Did you have a busy week?
  • Yea I did. And it is going to be just as busy next week more than likely. Ugh. I can't wait until this semester is over! What kind of award is it?
  • My professor does that kind of crap too. If you ask her for a letter of recommendation, she agrees, but she makes you write it and then you have to have a meeting with her to go over it and correct it. Seriously? I'm just thinking, "I shouldn't be writing it in the first place!"
  • It's "Support Person of the Quarter" for the Army Battalion I work for.  I'm flattered she wants to nominate me, and it's deserved (I have only been in this job for 5 months and already people ask me all their questions)...I am just struggling with how to make it sound good but not too good.Boo for busy weeks.  FI's semester is almost over too, he is definitely ready for that!
  • Morning! FBIL and his GF are cleaning for the first time since they moved in July. I'm excited!
  • Hey NC! It's about damn time! Haha
  • No kidding! I got really upset and yelled at FBIL last week, when he offered to do it for "a few weeks".
  • Morning ladies!
  • morning.  DH is still sleeping.  I have a fun day of laundry and cleaning ahead of me.  DH will go to work in a few hours.Fun times.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Hey Sco!  I was depressed when I went out to my car this morning...it was totally frosted over.  I think winter might just be catching up to our mid-Atlantic selves :(
  • DH woke up & said "I can't sleep, sorry" as he was waking me up. He turned on the tv and rolled back over. So I'm up. Thanks, J. You're awesome.
  • Good morning hot stuffs! Just woke up.
  • Hey Kel! Hey Carrie! I feel like I haven't talked to you girls in forever.
  • Hi cew!Does the 515 in your sn mean your birthday is May 15?  If so, you share it with my favorite aunt in the whole world, and mine is the day before. :)
  • I know. I look forward to my saturday morning chats with you. I could have slept longer, but I started thinking about the "morning duds thread" and had to get up to say "hi". What are you doing this weekend? Besides sucky working.
  • Hey Katers! Yep you're right I'm a May 15th baby. So, you're May 14th? I knew I liked you for a reason. You should add cool birthday to your award recommendation paper.
  • Morning Ladies!! Fi has guard duty this weekend so my mom and I are going to do some stuff this weekend, I think we are going to go shopping for some wedding stuff.
  • Haha, I honestly did consider turning it in to my boss with, "I am awesome" repeated for 2 pages.  May is a crazy birthday month in my family.  I have a cousin on the 10th, a grandma and a cousin on the 13th, me 14th, aunt 15th, grandpa, dad, step mom, and great uncle ALL on the 27th.
  • Wow. That means your family really enjoys sex in September. Hmmm.Hi Aim! You just reminded me that I've been a total wedding slacker and have put off doing anything wedding related for months. I've got to order invitations. Damn it.
  • Got up, fed the dog, used my energy up in Mafia Wars and now I'm totally going back to bed.  Catch you all later! :)
  • I am making ribbonn balls to decorate the ailse with. I got enough at first to make 1 to see if I liked it and i love it so I am getting more ribbons today. At first I was going to make tissue pomander balls like duds but it is so much more time consuming and my first one did not come out to good.
  • And Cew I just want to send out some love after all the bashing you have been getting on FFF!
  • I know we've talked about it before, but I wish I has some DIY skills.
  • I have enough to get me by, hopefully what is in my head will end up as the finished product. What kind of invites are you going to do?
  • Aim - I am ordering mine from wedding paper divas (PIB). I love them and have been ready to order them for months, I've just been procrastinating for no reason at all. I need to get on the ball. Duds - I have no plans today. It's the first Saturday in a while that I've had nothing to do and I'm loving it. I need to do laundry and clean, but that's about it.
  • Gotta love not having to do anything. Dud The fact that you have already ordered your invites and we are getting married in the same month makes me feel very unprepared.
  • GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD MORNING!!!I'm pissed I missed the love fest last night. Not because I want love, but because I like to give it.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Good morning, ladies! I may have to beat a couple of hounds that decided to bark at 5:30 on a Saturday morning to be let out. I didn't have the heart to make them sleep outside last night, since they are both 14 and it was supposed to be below freezing last night.
  • getting ready to head out for the dayanother day of knotting for my blue ball is lost
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Hey Fishy! Lovefest for Fishy - You're awesome and by far, one of my favs =) Aim - Haha I'm DIYing them. I've got the pocketfolds now, but I've got to do everything else now. I'm embossing a stamp on each invite, which takes such a long time to do, but so worth it. So don't feel bad! I just need a lot of time to do mine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards