Florida-Central Florida

Lake Mary Events Center

I just went to my cousin's wedding last night there and it was beautiful! The view from the cocktail room was gorgeous! Is anyone using that venue??The funniest thing was that we have the same photographer...the wonderful Elegant Imagery...and we never even knew it!! So funny! Just wanted to share...

Re: Lake Mary Events Center

• edited December 2011
    I am in June!  I love to hear people comment about it, especially since I think that it's beautiful too.  lol.  If you don't mind me asking, who did she have for catering and what time did all of the festivities start?  Just curious.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using LMEC! I'm using the Rotunda as my ceremony site...it's wayyy too hot outside for me in May! And then obviously the ballroom for the reception. I'm curious about timing too (or if anyone else knows..). I have to do an afternoon wedding because we have to leave super early the next morning for our honeymoon...but I have heard horror stories from some of my vendors about it being super hot in the the ballroom in the afternoon...anyone have any experience with that? :)
  • edited December 2011
    Who are you using for your caterer? And how early are you getting married? Jw.
  • edited December 2011
    Just kidding, I just looked at your bio and saw we are both using John Michaels.  lol.
  • emattchenemattchen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there next October.  I'm going to have the ceremony outside, the cocktail hour in the rotunda and the reception in the ballroom.  I'm really hoping it's not 95 degrees next October like it was this year!
  • edited December 2011
    They had the ceremony in Sanford at a Catholic church and by the time we got back to the LMEC it was about 5:00...the sun was setting and it just washed the rotunda with light...it was beautiful...The ballroom opened up at around 6:30..(it was a long cocktail hour..a little too long, but it was open bar from 5-11!) While we were out dancing on the dance floor FI and I were soaked in sweat because it was pretty hot in there...they had the cake set up in the front of the room by the stage and we didn't even see it until the cake cutting because our table was towards the back...so I would have the cake near one of the doors so that it can be more of a focal point. They did a slide show that was so sweet and there are 3 huge projectors and it looked and sounded really good! I think their caterers started with a C and it was just a single word...it was buffet style dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at LMEC in February. Using Big City Catering. The ceremony will start at 5P. I'm hoping to catch the sunset as we're announced husband and wife.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at the LMEC - the caterer was Cuisiners.  The food was good.  The location is beautiful.Big City did my wedding and they're AMAZING! I highly recommend them.
  • edited December 2011
    Alexia..that was the catering company they used! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha... Rani, I figured.  I'm pretty sure they have a list of preferred caterers and the one-word-starts-with-a-C had to be Cuisiners :)
  • bout2bemrsGbout2bemrsG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at LMEC last October...we had our ceremony in the Rotunda and our reception in the ballroom....every one was really accomodating and nice, our caterer was Classic Creations Catering and they were really good (and affordable) We had an afternoon wedding (2p) and it wasnt hot in the ballroom at first but when it got a little warm our DOC just asked them to turn down the air and it was good......hth!
    TTC #1 since 02/2010
    Cycle #26
    Me (30) DH (29)
    Internal Ultrasound 2/8/12: Fibroids
    HSG 2/17/12: Tech said Blocked but RE said Clear
    DH SA 2/15/12: low sperm count 8 mil, 3/21/12: 1.5 mil
    SHG 3/16/12: perfect!
    BFP 5/2/12!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
    EDD 01/07/13
    Beta #1 5/3-1,628
    Beta #2 5/7- 5,804
  • sunflowr0803sunflowr0803 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to a wedding there in March. Can't wait! :)
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in July! Now I'm really worried about the heat factor but hopefully it will be ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards