California-Los Angeles

Cake question...

For my friend's wedding, we're trying to find a great vendor for her wedding cake that uses buttercream frosting (no fondant) and the overall design is pretty simple.  They have to be able to deliver up here to Valencia so I guess northridge/simi valley/etc areas are best?Anyone have a good recommendation for about $2.50 a slice or less?

Re: Cake question...

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about their pricing but The Bread Basket in Camarillo is amazing! I love their butter-cream frosting - and everything else they have :) But I think they might be expensive but it's worth looking into. HTH!
  • Khimes7Khimes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Plusko's Cakes in Canoga Park is fantastic! Not sure about the pricing but I believe it's right around what your friend is looking for and their cakes are so good!
  • edited December 2011
    Skiffs in Simi! That's what they DO!!! :)
  • Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skiff's has amazing cakes, with yummy buttercream. If they want a tiered "wedding" cake, their slices run higher than $2.50. If they just need sheet cakes, I'm sure it's doable. They are soooooo nice there - husband and wife team. My cake was honestly one of my favorite parts of my wedding.
  • SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Cakery Bakery and they do simple designs without fondant. They do fondant if you want it, but I didn't. I believe we are paying around $2.00 a serving for our cake. They are located in La Canada, so I'm not sure if they travel that far. Here is their website: www.cakerybakery.net
  • heathereeniheathereeni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Jill's Cake Creations right in Santa Clarita. They did our wedding cake and it was fabulous. We got so many compliments and people wanted seconds. AND best of all, they were cheap!!! We did buttercream frosting too! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards