Pennsylvania

Cocktail Wedding Reception

I'm getting married at the Kirby center in wilkes-barre and they only do cocktail wedding receptions. Our ceremony is @ 1pm and we are having our ceremony there as well. What time should our reception start and end? im so confused and im getting mixed answers from everyone i talk too.
Beth Dries

Re: Cocktail Wedding Reception

• edited December 2011
    I would plan on at least 2 hours for the cocktail reception. If you are doing both your ceremony and reception at the same location you can roughly figure ceremony 1 - 1:30/1:45 and cocktail reception 2 - 4. Who is your contact at the Kirby center? I would double check with them to see what they normally recommend. 
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    Also, something to think about..... when are you going to take your pictures?
  • edited December 2011
    Well they rent the Kirby Center for a minimum of 4hrs so i was looking at 1pm-5pm. Our ceremony is not going to be that long. We are getting married by a friend of the family and we figured by the time the ceremony,pictures and they annouce us and our bridal party it should be around 2pm and then have the reception from 2pm-5pm. How does that sound? It's been extremely hard trying to plan my wedding because, i'm not getting much help from any of my family or his family.
    Beth Dries
  • edited December 2011
    2-5 sounds perfect
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    that time sounds perfect, just be sure that your invite makes it clear that its not a lunch or an early dinner.  I hate when invites aren't clear about what I'm traveling to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards