Massachusetts-Boston

Hillary's Bridal in Plymouth

Has anyone ordered a dress from Hillary's Bridal in Plymouth, MA recently? I ordered one in June. Just tried to call them to check in today and their phone is disconnected and website is not functioning. Anyone have any information? I'm starting to get really nervous. 

Re: Hillary's Bridal in Plymouth

• jaime10285jaime10285 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... I just saw something on the news (channel 5) about it. It looks like it's out of buisiness. I can't remember what the girl interviewed said about what she was doing but you may want to search the internet for what others are doing to get their deposit back and your dress! I feel for all the brides in this situation.
    Anniversary
  • michelle11988michelle11988 member
    edited December 2011
    I just did a google search on them and I got this news article about them closing.  I'm not sure where to advise you from going here, maybe contact the designer of the dress you ordered?  http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1374582

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I saw this on the news last night! What a terrible situation. They did mention that the girl had contacted the designer of the dress and theywill expedite it for her wedding. I believe she is working with the bank to get her money back. I hope things get better for you :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kariemmakariemma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. 
  • edited December 2011
    I saw this on the news last night too.  They have been gone for a few weeks.  So sorry....
  • edited December 2011
    I heard she called the designer that makes her dress and they are going to work with her to get her a dress by June.  She also called her bank to stop payment on whatever money was given to that shoppe.  I would also call the Attorney General's office, this is what they are for!
  • MikeF&SarahCMikeF&SarahC member
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Hilarys and it was sezied by the bank earlier this month...Sorry  The owner did manage to get my dress for me, I think because I had altered the design of the dress and paid a large percentage upfront...It's really sad, my MOH's dress order has been cancled and she has since found a rplacement on line, we're just hoping it comes in, in time. The owner of the store has been very upfront and honest with myself, my MOH and my mom.  Such a sad situation Frown
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kariemmakariemma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask how you got in touch with her? She has made no attempt to contact me and I can't reach her - all of her phone numbers and email addresses have been disconnected. I have received absolutely no communication from anyone at that business since this all happened. I've done some work on my own to locate my dress but it was not in any part due to Emily. 
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter was the bride to be who was interviewed by Channel 7 after finding out that Hillary's was closed.  A friend of her's had called the shop checking on her own order due in this month, only to find the phone disconnected, shop emptied, website down, etc.  Not having good vibes about all of this my daughter called the vendor who informed her that the order had never been placed by Emily back in July.  A 50% deposit was taken by Emily at that time.  She has since had to order from New York Lace in Taunton, who was recommended by the vendor.  A report was filed with the Plymouth Police Department, Attorney General's office, the Better Business Bureau and small claims court.  You should do the same.  I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you still have plenty of time before your wedding day to reorder your dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards