Wisconsin
Options

Music: Wedding Band in Milwaukee Area

My fiance and I are on the hunt for a good band for our September 2010 wedding. Any suggestions? Anything we have heard online so far has been really cheesy. We are not opposed to a DJ but would prefer the live entertainment of a band. We live out of state and are unable to go listen to bands in person. Any suggestions would help!Thanks!

Re: Music: Wedding Band in Milwaukee Area

• Options
    runnrgurlrunnrgurl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What type of band are you looking for? I suggest going to ACA Entertainment's site. We found a couple of jazz bands, but the owner actually suggested one that we just booked- the Jenny Theil group. (They are also a jazz/R&B sort of group). The site has audio clips and partial song lists as well. They're an agency for TONS of different groups. Check them out.HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance found a website called "gig masters". Bands post their info and samples on the website so you can see and listen. It is sort of like a "do it yourself" manager. We not only found a band, but found one with a musician that we liked from another band a few years ago. They are out of Chicago (our wedding is in Milwaukee) and charged us a little less than quote and asked for us to book and pay for their hotel. We thought it was a great deal. If you are looking for a cover/bar band Ill let you know who we booked. I don't know what type of sound you are looking for. Good Luck. -L. J.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DanicaDanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Five Card Studs!  Check them out.  They are the most amazing band ever at a wedding.  SO much fun, hilarious.  People at their weddings talk about them years after, I'm not kidding.  If you go through ACA, I highly recommend calling the bands you're interested in directly to avoid paying the upcharges through ACA. 
  • Options
    runnrgurlrunnrgurl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Darn, Danica. Wish I woulda talked to you sooner!!!
  • Options
    toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree..5 Card Stud is AMAZING!!! Such a fun fun band!! If you can spend the money on a band...CALL THEM!!! They are GREAT!!! I would almost say I am a groupie I like them so much:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Five Card Studs is alot of fun and definitely keeps the dance floor on fire.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had the most fantastic band at our wedding! They are out of Chicago, but drove up for the night. They are called Final Say. They are one of three groups in Chicago who play the same set list, and are wonderfully fun! They are expensive... but if keeping the dance floor packed all night is the goal, they will absolutely not disappoint! Everyone was asking my parents to get their contact info while we were gone. They were definately worth every penny!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards