November 2013 Weddings

What are your wedding favors?

What do you all plan on doing as favors for your guests? 

We are having pecan candy or pralines and we are doing a popcorn buffet!

Re: What are your wedding favors?

• We're doing the pictures from the photobooth - open to other cute ideas if anything strikes our fancy but for now that's what we're planning :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• I will be doing personalized M&M's in a tin with our date on them.
  • Candy buffet with favor-size bags.  I wasn't planning to do favors but liked the idea of a sweets station during the reception. 

I'm hoping to score some good candy deals after Valentine's Day, Easter, and Halloween - as long as the expiration dates are far enough out. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No clue.  We're doing a dessert bar instead of cake so maybe just favor bags or gift boxes that they can take with them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • We are doing a photobooth.
    TJ
  • personalizeed shot glasses my FI collects them so it is 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing a dessert bar, espresso cart and flipbook station!
  • No favors.  We were planning on doing a photobooth but have decided to scrap it to use the money elsewhere in our budget.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Mason jars with cider and little bags of donuts wedding is in Michigan. We'll have a lot of OOT guests, so we wanted to give them the experience with a local favorite.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_what-are-your-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:6cd2abbd-061e-4d9e-8762-971d2352dd40Post:6cb90f6e-1835-4e10-8292-f8c6f3b4400f">Re:What are your wedding favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mason jars with cider and little bags of donuts wedding is in Michigan. We'll have a lot of OOT guests, so we wanted to give them the experience with a local favorite.
    Posted by pokey730[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah that is what we wanted to do was give local flavor. We thought about having a beignet bar but that is something people like to go to Cafe du Monde to get. So we just stuck with Pralines and will add the popcorn bar to the favors as well...</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • We are doing a mix CD with songs chosen by each member of the wedding party. It'll take awhile to accomplish -- we're doing it all DIY -- but fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

• I was thinking of doing ribbons on a stick instead of bubbles and to combo as a favor. I was going to have the ribbon personalized. I was also of thinking to ask my dad to make little jars of honey since he raises honey bees.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_what-are-your-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:6cd2abbd-061e-4d9e-8762-971d2352dd40Post:7ef8dd3d-c553-4482-a89e-68ef65bf9f4b">Re: What are your wedding favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking of doing ribbons on a stick instead of bubbles and to combo as a favor. I was going to have the ribbon personalized. I was also of thinking to ask my dad to make little jars of honey since he raises honey bees.
    Posted by peppy22vball[/QUOTE]

<div>The honey woule be a nice touch!!</div>
  • No favors for us.  If the budget allows, we'd probably have some candy at the end of the night for guests to grab on their way out.
  • We are not giving favors per say, but we are having a traditional Pittsburgh cookie table and will have boxes or bags so that guests can take some home. 
  • We're having a Latin theme wedding with chocolate brown and ivory colors so...

We're doing a candy buffet of brown candies for the girls and a cigar table for the guys.  We're also having flan in addition to cake.  Flan is my absolute favorite!

And memories.  They're getting memories.  (Just kidding!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We doing jars of homemade apple butter. The label will say "Spread the Love". The apples will come from the trees in our yard. 
  • Well I was thinking about getting caramel apples before I saw this thread, but now I'm thinking about apple cider donuts! My family and I get them almost every year from our favorite orchard, and it would have a whole lot more meaning to me :) thanks for sparking that idea for me pokey730!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards