New York-Upstate
Options

Possibility moving to Rochester. Nice wedding venues out there?

There is a good chance my fiance is going to be getting a job in Rochester in the near future. We haven't done much as far as planning yet (no set date or venue yet). We have never so much as been to Rochester so we have no idea as to what is a nice reception venue out there. Our current budget to have our wedding here (saratoga area) was under $10,000. If we do end up getting married in Rochester, we could spend more ($15,000 tops). We are not religious so the wedding venue would need to have both a ceremony and reception location (preferably separate). ALL of our guests will be from out of town so a location in close proximity (or in) a hotel is preferable. We're very modern and would like for our wedding venue to be too. I also appreciate any suggestions for other wedding vendors (photographers, dj's, flowers, etc...) Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Possibility moving to Rochester. Nice wedding venues out there?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, check out Artisan Works. Its a modern art gallery that hosts ceremonies and receptions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married Saturday and can give you a better vendor review at that time.  So far though, this what I know:  (and if you want to email me direct, you can at chipperberg at yahoo dot com) Reception  - Shadow Lake, has been amazing and accomodating to every request we have had.  Artisan works is another great venue and is modern.  There are many hotels in the area that also hold receptions and ceremonies as well.  There are SO many choices, it is tough to say what will work for you.Wedding Planner - Gullen and Associates (Nancy Gullen) highly recommend her.  Lovely woman and is making for a stressfree wedding day as she is taking care of everything and everything.Flowers:  Magic Garden.  Dawn is awesome to work with and I cannot wait to see what she creates...Cake - Designed Elegance -Jon is amazing.  I have not seen my cake of course, but have had his cake a number of times since we have booked him.  Another friend of mine was married 2 weeks ago and he did their cake and it was amazing.  I truely do not think you can find a better tasting cake than his.  We also have a sweets table coming from his as well.DJ - Turner Productions - Will have more to say at a later date, but so far has been wonderul and easy to work with.  Steve really knows his stuff and puts you at ease...Hair -Michael Dunham - Pasquale Salon  - AMAZING.  All I can say about him...Limo - S&S limo.  Very reputable and guarantees lowest price.  So, shop around and come back to them with what you found, they will match it.  I have used them a few times for other trips and they have been nothing less than outstanding.  I will write a full review of course after the wedding.  We are not having a traditional limo, but a coach bus so we can provide transportation to and from the hotel and reception for our guests.Hotel - Our out of town guests will be staying at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa.  Again, another amazing place and they also do weddings.  Their prices were the same as places like Holiday Inn Express and this hotel is MUCH nicer and in a great location near Eastview mall...Photographer - Jaime Davis - Captured Memories Forever.  I cannot give her much of a review YET, but we LOVED her photos and we loved her personality and cannot wait to spend the day with her.Catering - while we did not need catering for our wedding, we have used catering in the past and if we needed one for our wedding we would have gone with Deliciously Different Catering.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa. We are getting married in a church, but they do have a place for a ceremony which is way up on a hill overlooking Monroe County. You can see the Rochester skyline in the distance. Woodcliff is a ceremony, reception site, and hotel (with a spa and golf course) all in one. It's also very beautiful and close to the Thruway for guests who will be traveling.
  • Options
    gymmatesgymmates member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a band to play at your reception, I can recommend Nik Entertainment Company, and offer a discount on a credit we have with them.  We had a band booked with them for our wedding next year, but due to a change of date location, will no longer be able to use them due to increased travel fees, accomodations, etc. They offer several different options of musical groupings from a traditional rock and roll wedding band to a swing group and a jazz trio. We we excited to have them play at our wedding, but unfortunately can no longer utilize their services. The group was recommended by friends who had them play at their wedding, and said they really do a great job of keeping people on the dance floor all night. We have also heard them play live.To secure the date with the band, we put down a deposit, which unfortunately can not be refunded to us. However, the credit can be transferred to someone else. If you are interested, please email me at k.kmack@gmail.com - I can forward you the information sheet that was sent to me, and answer any questions you might have. The band is based out of Rochester, NY. We would like to avoid losing our entire deposit, and therefore will reduce the amount on the credit transfer to anyone interested. Basically, you get the full credit to use as you please, but for a discounted amount.Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards