Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Ceremony Music and Decorations

Hey Guys,I was was wondering if you had any suggestions for a trio/ quartet for my wedding.   The church has a pianist but I was hoping for a trio/quartet.   Does anyone know about how much they run?  Not sure if it would be in my budget or not.   Also, I am having trouble finding places that rent aisle markers.   I looked at Ginger's party rentals but they didnt really have what I was looking for--- I am looking for a tall iron/metal one that holds a candle and that you can put greenery/flowers on.   I know some florists carry them but a friend's sister is doing my flowers and she doesnt have anything like that.   Not sure if another florist would rent them or not if i am not having them do my flowers?  Thanks so much!

Re: Ceremony Music and Decorations

• edited December 2011
    For a Trio or Quartet check with college's that have Music Degree Programs. Student Musicians will charge less than professionals but you will get quality musicians.
    DaisypathWedding Ticker image 388 Invited!
    image 243 Are ready to party!
    image 145 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • stephmarie625stephmarie625 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Good Idea... I just emailed LSU!
  • kbarron1kbarron1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used pan string trio  I think the website is panstringtrio.com.  For all three musicians it is $600 (may have gone up by now) but we are just having two and are paying less.  The lady issuper nice and will work with your budget so if you email her and tell her what you would like to pay she can suggest something.  Good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good idea. I may try fewer musicians...thanks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Magnolia Strings. We are getting a String Trio and the cost is $675.00.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I never got pricing from LSU.   I called and the Music Director person told me he would have one of the students call me to give me pricing but they never did :(  I havent called back or anything yet because I wanted to meet with my priest first and get all the ceremony details before i really started looking for the musicians.  The music director at my church said she knew a few that played with the BR symphony and she was going to give me their numbers once i met with the priest.   I will let you know if i find anything out. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I called the LSU school and the guy told me he would have someone call me but they never did.   I kind of put it on hold for now and havent called back because i am waiting until i meet with the priest and go over the ceremony details.   i will let you know if i find anything out though! :)
  • amygillanamygillan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

My name is Amy Pan and I own Pan String.  We are Juilliard-degreed musicians who play with professional orchestras. 

You can listen to selections for your Ceremony at:  http://www.panstring.com

You may also contact me at:  amy@panstring.com,  225-456-0845.

Best,

Amy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards