Interfaith Weddings

Who's officiating?

I"m having a catholic-jewish wedding. I think we are going to have my Fi's Uncle officiate. Is anyone having a priest and a rabbi? I'm having a hard time finding ceremonies that incorporate both religions without a priest and a rabbi. I bought the book "The Wedding Ceremony Planner" and I'm trying to write it, the book has helped a lot. What is everyone's approach to writing the ceremony?

Re: Who's officiating?

• edited December 2011
    We are having a priest and a rabbi. My temple won't perform interfaith marriages but my FI's church will, and the priest at his church has a great relationship with another rabbi. If you're having a priest you may need to complete pre-cana...we're finishing that up now. Good luck!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • AlispidaliAlispidali member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you trying to write the ceremony yourself?
  • edited December 2011
    Is your FI's uncle clergy? or like a justice of the peace?
  • edited December 2011
    We used a non-denominational chaplain for our catholic/jewish ceremony and we got lots of compliments from both sides. If you want a copy page me on the Atlanta Nest Board.
  • AlispidaliAlispidali member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    His uncle is a judge. He has some prewritten ceremonies, but none of them are spiritual. I need at least a prayer and some ceremony music. I would love of copy of your ceremony. My e-mail is alison.reen@gmail.com. Thanks for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    Ali - here's our format: processional opening prayers reading 1 wine ceremony reading 2 rings vows 7 blessings officiants speak break the glass kiss the bride We are having one old testament reading and one new testament reading. HTH!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards