Ohio-Cincinnati

Catering for Music Hall

Please help!  I'm looking for a caterer for our wedding at Music Hall on 9/10/2010.  It's so hard at Music Hall becuase you have to bring in silverware, china, linens, etc.  We want a place that has great food and cheap prices for rentals.  We are looking into getting linens at Adora, but china and such we want to get with the caterer.  I have contacted a few, but I don't have a lot to go by since all of my friends used venues that had catering done on-site.  If anyone has any recomendations or reviews from some that I have contacted PLEASE let me know.  We are trying to decide between a sit down dinner and food stations.  Thanks!!!!  -A Taste of Class-Village Pantry-Vonderharr-My Personal Gourmet (MPG) Events and Catering-Chef's Choice

Re: Catering for Music Hall

• DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Be Creative. I've heard almost all good about them. Their package comes with plastic stuff, but I believe you have the option of adding real china and silverware if you want.
  • edited December 2011
    I talked to someone who works with caterers in the wedding business as her full time job. She recommended village pantry, and chef's choice from your list. We got proposals from a few. Chef's choice is through Kroger. They nickel and dimed us to death. By the time all was said and done it was going to be over $40 pp for a buffet so I can't imagine how much a sit down dinner would be.  All the extra fees made it out of reach for us no matter what food we chose. She also recommended all things catered who is probably the one we will be going with. We are going to be doing a tasting with them soon.Village pantry has great menus and decent prices. I emailed them and they sent me all the information quickly. We haven't gone any further with that so I can't tell you anymore.We weren't that impressed with a taste of class menu options so I can't help you there.Check out all things catered.Sorry for the long post!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should also look into Funky's Catering and Jeff Thomas Catering.  There is a knottie on her who used Funky's Catering at Music Hall and only had great things to say.  I think her username was LaurenNichols???
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I have a meeting with Village Pantry next week.  Thanks for all of the suggestions!  Keep them coming! :)
  • HSchallHSchall member
    edited December 2011
    We are at Peterloon Estate, not Music Hall, but we are planning to do tastings with Funky's Catering, Savor Catering and one other caterer that we haven't picked yet.  So far, I am happy with both of these caterers.As an aside, I am annoyed with how a lot of  caterers (this is not at all directed at the two htat I have listed) present the pricing on their websites.  I realize that caterers charge differently than resturants (e.g., separate charges for food, rentals and service), however, when they put menus out on their websites and list per person prices without specifically stating that the price ONLY includes food, I think the price should be inclusive.  I understand that if you want extra service or high-end plates it is going to cost you but otherwise the price they list should be the basic price.  I have found that when you get the cost for the food (often off their website) you need to add about $12-$18 to it to cover the cost of basic service, rentals (non-plastic plates, glasses, etc.) and delivery. Sorry to hijack your post--just annoyed.
  • jenn1981jenn1981 member
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Lake Lyndsay and had to bring in everything just like you. I rented all my plates, glasses, silverware, linens, etc from L&H Rentals in Germantown. They are closer to dayton but they do deliver into cincinnati and even northern kentucky. Their prices are the best around and I was very happy with the quality of the items we rented. Their phone # is 937-855-4510. If you want to email me I hve a packet of prices! lakota99@aol.com Also, I only tasted with one if the caterers you listed, Vonderhaars, and I wasn't impressed. Their food (the beef especially) was dry and overly priced IMO. We ended up going with http://www.schmidtsmeats.com/ off of Winton road. Their food was great. We had salads and rolls family style on each table (serving dishes/utensils were also rented from L&H!) and then did a buffet of a delicious rotisserie chicken breast, sliced beef and au jus, mashed potato casserole, green beans and a vegetarian italian pasta. Their food is never frozen (very important!) and it was amazing. The owner is super nice and we had a great experience. I definitely recommend a tasting with them!
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at Music Hall the month before you and we're using the Phoenix.  We had looked at them as a possible reception site first and realized that while they have awesome food, the reception would have been a little bit pricier at their venue.  Funny enough, having them cater down the street at Music Hall was less expensive.  They bring all of their silverware and china down the street and do not charge anything for it since it is such a short trip.  We used to eat their back when they had a restaurant and their food is awesome.  Also, the person in charge of events at Music Hall is sort of friends with one of the women working at the Phoenix, I think because she used to work for Music Hall, which means that she knows Music Hall very well.  She has been incredibly helpful in working with our budget and obviously has a lot of experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards