Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Blue and Silver Theme

Hey everyone! I am looking for suggestions for flowers. My colors are turquoise, navy and silver and my next appointments are going to be with florists. I was just looking for some ideas for what type and color flowers would go with my colors since blue flowers aren't the easiest to come by. Thanks!

Re: Blue and Silver Theme

• edited December 2011
    I've seen blue irises and blue hydrangeas, look on the knot wedding flowers under blue, it may give some good ideas.
  • toastie624toastie624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blue and silver are my colors too! It's such an elegant combination :)I looked online and on this website for pictures of blue flowers, and found some gorgeous ones, so I had an idea of what to mention to my florist. Unfortunately when I did talk to several florists, they were like "you have two choices for blue flowers, hydrangeas or belladonna because blue is hard to fine" (even though I had pics from online I had printed...oooookkkkay), but I think that was mainly because I wanted the blue flowers central in the bouquet, not just as accents (many more blue choices for accent flowers).Anyway, I ended up going with a combo of belladonna, blue tipped white roses and white calla lilies (with a few silvery accents in there too; that will be discussed at our next florist appt).My advice is definitely get an idea of what you like online, and then have a good discussion with your florist because it all depends on what kind of theme the wedding is, what kind of flowers you like, what size bouquet, real vs silk flowers, what is in season at the time of your wedding, etc. Your florist will definitely be able to come up with something beautiful.Good luck, and sorry for the long post :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you toastie for the long post! I don't mind at all, in fact I welcome those haha. Blue tipped roses....I didn't even think of that. Your bouquet is going to be gorgeous! I have been looking and I have found some exotic blue flowers, but I just have to see who can give me what I want. If you don't mind me asking, who are you using as your florist? I have my first appointment at Fleur du Jour downtown BR on the 25th!!
  • toastie624toastie624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem at all, hon :) I just know when I first started out trying to decide on flowers and other things, I needed all the detail i could get haha. I'm using Miss Lea at "A Cottage Path". She gets good reviews on the forums here, she is super sweet to work with, her prices are pretty reasonable, she's worked my wedding venue before, and she really listened to what I wanted and helped choose a bouquet that fit my vision. Mainly though, we went with her because her ideas and mine clicked from the start, and my fiance liked her (he's a tough judge sometimes lol), so it felt right. It's always good to work with people you gel with :) I suggest also to have a few vendor appointments before you decide on one, that way you get an idea of what everything will cost, and what works best for you. Let me know if I can help with anything else :)
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree. I now have 7 prospective places to do consultations with! Thank goodness I started early!! Thanks for all the suggestions!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards