Honeymoon Discussions

Reviews for a Sandals honeymoon

My Fiancee and I are thinking of having our honeymoon at one of the Sandals resorts but we heard mixed reviews about it. Do any of you honeymoon there, do you think its a good place to honeymoon? I just want my honeymoon to be perfect!

Re: Reviews for a Sandals honeymoon

• we had heard so many diferent things to...but in the end we went to the Grande in St. Lucia and LOVED every minute of it. First, we did do concierge, and I think that made the difference, breakfasts in bed, etc. We also did the helicopter to the closer airport which was totally worth every penny as the roads are rough, bumpy and LONG. I also can't but mention that we did use a TA and she told us all we needed to be informed of so our expectations were right in line with what we received. Big suggestion is Jennifer at VIP! We are already looking at another Sandals for our anniversary so that just is proof enough that it was wonderful!
  • I love Sandals. We have been to the one in the bahamas and ocho rios jamaica. They both had great restaurants, staff, activities etc. The bahamas was much nicer / newer. We are getting married in Aug and I am nervous about hurricanes or we would def be going to a sandals for our HM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My brother did Sandals Negril and loved it!  He raves about it!
  • We've been to Sandals Grande St. Lucian and loved it and Sandals Negirl and liked it. Review for St. Lucia is at the bottom of my siggy pic. Here's the review of Negril: Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Sandals Negril was ok I guess but it certainly was NOT the Grande. The rooms are not private the river suites although I am sure are very nice inside are less than private outside (there's about five of them all in a row sharing the same "pool" so if you are outside on your patio/pool area and your neighbors are too well....then can see everything). There are security gaurds everywhere so, you always feel like their are eyes on you. DO NOT set foot off the resort unless you are on an excursion. Dh and I made the mistake of taking a walk down the beach..we checked out with security (hut is right at the end of Sandals property) the second we set foot over the "line" the vendors where up our butts to buy stuff. There are 3 bars (unfortunatly, our room was right next to one of them) the main bar is in the lobby area,the grill/bar is right outside the lobby area and the piano bar is at the other end from the grill bar(god help the people who have the rooms right there since the piano bar/game room is open and playing loud music well past 1am) 5 eateries,1 smallish main pool with a tiny hot tub(we never went there we spent all our time in the ocean) and 1 other smallish pool (didn't go there either). The rooms are nice and are cleaned everyday. There is no shortage of booze that's for sure. The booze cruise we took (took us up the coast to Ricks Cafe where we jumped off the cliff) was awesome and we were pretty well toasted when we got back to the resort. We also went on the dune buggie adventure and went horse back riding as well as had a private beach dinner on our anniversary night.The best drink we had was whole there was called Caribbean Blue. It’s 3 shots vodka,2 shots blue curaco, ½ shot lime juice,4 oz pineapple juice and 4 oz club soda. HTH if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
  • We did Sandals Grande St.Lucian and honestly could have not asked for a better Honeymoon. We were able to go to three different resorts and eat and drink (we liked the Grande the best) Plus our big bonus was our great upgrade we received from our TA Nancy from www.myislandgetaways.com. I researched like crazy and so glad I did. St. Lucia was our best of everything, so was our TA.
  • We went to Antigua Sandals and loved every part of it!! I would def go back to any Sandals!! We stayed in the cheapest room and still got breakfast in bed and all the services. All you have to do is ask. Don't forget to bring your mariage license or invitation for your FREE honeymoon package.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I LOVE Sandals. My financee and I have been to Sandals Bahamian, and Sandals Grande Antigua. We will be making Sandals Grande St.Lucia our honeymoon location!!I have nothing bad to say about either experiences, but Sandals Grande Antigua was simply amazing. We stayed on the Medditeranean Side... simply breath-taking! I only hope that our experience was just as "Grande" as the others. :)
  • I have stayed at Sandals Whitehouse and it was beautiful, i stayed at Sandals Grande Antigua and it was amazing, i couldnt have asked for more, we were in the Mediterranean side, and the view was spectacular.  i have some pictueres of my trip here:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=121686&id=506983176
  • We just booked 7 days at Sandals Dunn's River.  I can't wait.  We got a free night for booking six.  We were back and forth between all the resorts and ended finding which had the cheapest flight so we could afford a better room.  We actually worked with a TA, Nancy from myislandgetaways.com.  Same price as through the website and so many inside tips.  Check her out!!!!
  • We have been to a few sandals in Jamaica and our favorites are Sandals Dunns River and Whitehouse.
  • adamnkel, My fiance and I are also getting married next August, and we really have our hearts set on doing a Sandal's vacation. Have you heard anything else about how that would work for you with hurricane season?
  • We felt extremely "trapped" at our resort - Sandals Dunn's River.  You can walk the place in 10 minutes and the beach is tiny.  If you want to lay around and do nothing all week then I would recommend it, but my husband and I were pretty bored.  I would hardly say it was the perfect honeymoon; maybe it's just because we are more active people and the all-inclusive just isn't for us.  We like to explore and probably made a mistake in trying this out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards