New York-Long Island

VENUES

I just recently got engage, and being that I am still looking for venues for our 2011 wedding. I would like to ask you, if you have any recommendations. So far I've look into Westbury CC, nice place, but didn't like their service, they were a little rude. Crest Hollow CC, I LOVE Thomas, great person, beautiful place but didn't like the color of the carpet... Any other places I should look into in Nassau or Suffolk County?  Thanks

Re: VENUES

• J+WJ+W
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!A couple we've looked at and are looking at.Old Westbury Gardens*Vanderbilt MansionVanderbilt at Dowling College*Glen Cove Mansion*Inn At New Hyde Park*Milleridge Inn*Jedediah InnFresh Meadow Country ClubNYIT De Seversky CenterChelsea MansionDouglaston ManorAsteriks are the one we will be visiting come Thanksgiving Week. Anyway, I have pricing for all of them, I believe, let me now if you want them!I've listed mainly more CC, Mansion, Outdoor -esque places bc I'm thinking from the 2 CCs that's what you're looking for?Have you considered going a little further west?Or Vineyards? =)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Giorgio's in Baiting Hollow...beautiful! getting married there next june!
  • edited December 2011
    Pop quiz- what was the color of the carpet at the last 5 weddings you attended? Color of the chairs? Yeah, I can't remember either. For some reason, most RHs have extremely ugly carpeting. People will focus on the decorations on the tables and around the room and not the carpet, I can guarantee that!
  • jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like you like country clubs. try cold spring country club, that is where i am getting married in march. in huntington.
  • edited December 2011
    My FMIL got married at Douglaston last year (November).  It was nice but nothing spectacular.  Parts of the interior were nicer than others, but it just had that "wedding" look and just didn't lend itself to much creativity.  Also, they do multiple weddings (there was one that started about an two hours after hers), so if that's of concern, it's not for you.  And I only thought the food was okay, not bad but okay.  Just my opinion. We had the rehearsal dinner the night before at the Inn - again, not bad but I thought the food could have been better.  You eat so many salmon and chicken dishes at weddings, you kind of know what you like or don't like - but that could just be me.  :) Definitely, check out liweddings.com - the brides on there are super nice and helpful and many are really good about reviewing their venues right away.  You can also find other venues to check out. Having looked at a few places when I initially thought of having an LI wedding - try to narrow down your choices to about 4-6 max, factoring in look, price, numbers, time, etc.   Otherwise, after about the third or fourth place, they all begun to look so similar and it get very tiring answering the same questions over and over again.  GL.
  • Dee1984Dee1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Timber Point Country Club. Check them out, they have a gorgeous place, and they only do one wedding at a time, which is fabulous!
  • portstarfgportstarfg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Swan Club! That's where I'm getting married and there's no place more gorgeous! Once I decided on it, I found out that I actually know the owners (didn't realize initially) and they and their staff are genuinely devoted to excellence and making your day PERFECT!
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU LADIES.....  YEah I am looking for a Garden feel.... I ablsolutly loved the feel and service Crest Hall gave my Fiancee and I, but I soooo dislike teh color of the carpet, it will not fit my colors but they are willing to do anything for us. I loves Thomas and how nice and cordial he was, he def made us feel like Family, I may even over look the color of the carpet... I alse checked out Westbury CC, Lovely place. But the receptionist was the rudest person I have ever met. And teh BM wasn't as nice either, it felt like he was selling us a car. He had that Car-sales agent feel.
  • auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter and I simply loved The Thatched Cottage in Centerport on 25A.  Recently re-done in gorgeous tiles.  Cocktail hour in separate large lower room that accommodates guests both inside and outside.  Beautiful flowers and scenery overlooking the LI Sound.  My daughter's wedding had to be cancelled at the last minute, so my husband and I are offering $2,500 in free deposit money to any couple who books with them.  Deposit money aside, it is a grand venue.  If you check it out and like it, don't hesitate to contact me directly at kvanbell@optonline.net for details about the free deposit money.  Good hunting - hope you find the place of your dreams!
  • edited December 2011
    I believe there's a Bridal Art Showcase coming at the Garden City Hotel.  I've been to several showcase and they are very resourceful. I got my gown at Bridal Reflections and heard something about them doing doing a fashion show.  Something worth checking out.
  • edited December 2011
    Found more info!!

Bridal Art Showcase

February 28, 2010

The Garden City Hotel

A luxurious wedding gala experience in the Grand Ballroom of Long Island’s premier wedding destination.
    Never before on Long Island have such a team of elite wedding service experts come together this way. Guests will experience a unique bridal show in the form of a luxurious wedding gala. Set in the legendary hotel’s Grand Ballroom, as decorated by Karyn Michael Events, guests will sample diverse international banquet menus by Belgian Master Chef Steven De Bruyn and see a designer fashion show by Bridal Reflections. Expert sound and lighting, photography and designer wedding cakes are all part of the occasion
    For tickets to this event, brides must complete a brief questionnaire via our website. The cost of tickets for the first 150 registered brides is $25 per person. In return, guests receive a complimentary $25 gift card to dine at The Garden City Hotel’s signature restaurant, Rein.

45 Seventh Street

Garden City, NY 11565

PH 516.747.3000
    First 150 registered brides is $25 per person.
    noon to 5:00 p.m.
    visit website
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards