Nebraska-Omaha

Complete Music DJ change

Complete Music just called (two weeks from our wedding)and says the D.J. we interviewed and selected is no longer available. I have heard this horror story before. They say another D.J., Malcolm Tyson is available and has been re-assigned our wedding. Has anyone heard of Malcolm Tyson and what are your thoughts/reviews on his performance?

Re: Complete Music DJ change

• RokkanenRokkanen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my!  Did they tell you why they were changing?  I booked them too!
  • mas1613mas1613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our original DJ was let go - not too comforting.  We're meeting with 3 new djs on Monday - then we get to pick who we like the best.
  • ktwithrow1219ktwithrow1219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Complete Music for my wedding next October and requested 3 different - very requested - djs and all of them will no longer be djs next year for Complete Music. I have not decided on another dj from there, but please post how your dj turns out! I am interested to know!
  • edited December 2011
    At least they gave you 2 wks!  Ben Doll at Complete Music, canceled on me 4 days before the big day!
  • edited December 2011
    Same story here. We ended up with an excellent DJ but it was kind of annoying to get that call 2 weeks before and say they switched. To top it off, that DJ got sick the day of the wedding and had to be replaced with another one. I will say they made sure the new DJ was fully prepared for the event though. Still a very notorious thing I hear.
  • mas1613mas1613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    andressfrank - who was your dj that you ended up with?We met with Tyson Malcolm yesterday - meeting with 2 others on Saturday.  I'll let you know what we think after that.
  • edited December 2011
    We ended up wth Dane, but I heard we were his last event. Not totally sure on that though. He was excellent though!
  • cbuchmeiercbuchmeier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had a complete music DJ named Joel and he was terrible. He messed up a million times including playing the wrong song for our first dance... :(  I do not reccomend complete music to ANYONE. We also used their video service and are still waiting for our DVD (wedding reception was Sept. 5th) We have had to initiate all communication with them and are sure that if we didn't they would just forget about us and not get anything done that they promised.
    Very disappointing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards