South Carolina-Charleston

Venue Help!!

I need a reception venue that costs less than 2,000 (preferably including tables and chairs) that allows outside catering! My date is Sunday september 5th(The day before labor day), 2010 but we are willing to change it if necessary. We are expecting approximately 150 people.

Re: Venue Help!!

• edited December 2011
    I recommend looking into the Charleston Yacht Club.
  • sctommygirlsctommygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Old Santee Canal State Park, it's $850 for the house and property.  They have several options available, and it's beautiful, if you want an outside venue.
  • edited December 2011
    The old exchange is great and affordable.
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw that weenkend is booked at Alhambra Hall, but if you're a Mt. Pleasant resident (or an immediate relative) it's $2000.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also try Children's Museum of the Lowcountry ($600), Boone Hall Plantation ($2000, might be cheaper on Sundays), Hobcaw Yacht Club ($1500) or Old Wide Awake Plantation ($1500).  Bear in mind with your venue, though, that while the rental fee may be less at some places, other places might include more "stuff", such as chairs, tables, linens, etc., so you'd want to compare on the basis of that.  Good luck!
  • SCJess85SCJess85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. We are going to look at the Charleston Yacht Club tomorrow. I love how the flag room looks on the website so hopefully that will work out, but if not I will check out your other suggestions. Thanks again girls! You are very helpful!
  • SCJess85SCJess85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have booked the Charleston yacht club!! Thank you for the help ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards