West Virginia

Ideas and Help needed from afar PLEASE!

My fiance is from Huntington, WV and his family is all there. We just set a date of 10/17/10. I have only been there twice and pretty much know nothing (hair/make-up, flowers, sites, etc). Can you please help me start looking for locations and vendors in the area to consider? We probably want an outdoor wedding and max spending about 7K. I love the look of Berkley Springs Castle but it is a little too far away. Is there anything like that closer to Huntington? Even in Kentucky or Ohio is fine if it's within 2 hours of Huntington. And a reasonable rental fee.Thanks so much! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ideas and Help needed from afar PLEASE!

• sassifras626sassifras626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a castle like place in the Hurricane area (about half an hour from Huntington). I'm not sure what it is called. For hair and make-up try Meghan or Melanie at Vision's Day Spa in Charleston. They travel for weddings, so Huntingtin shouldn't be an issue. 304-345-5620
    December 2010 Siggy Challenge Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The capitol is also nice venue. I'm not sure about their prices.
    December 2010 Siggy Challenge Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • arad24arad24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The capitol only charges set up/take down fees. You rent the chairs/tables and pay for the workers to be there. We are having our ceremony there in Aug. outside and it is costing us around $550 I think. Thats just an estimate right now but it shouldn't change much!
  • edited December 2011
    Is $550 for the take down/set-up/site-fee? What city is The Capitol in so I can google a link or do you have their web-site?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The capitol is Charleston. It's about 45 minutes east of Huntington on I-64.
  • WVUITGradWVUITGrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of great venues in Huntington.  You may want to try hiring a coordinator to help with vendor recs. You might try www.coordinate-it.net
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, ok. I knew the capital was Charleston but I thought the Capitol was a specific place. oops
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol...we were talking about the actual building.  The grounds are nice, and it's light along the Kanawha River.  And thinking of the the UIniversity of Charleston does weddings and it's right across the river.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards