Honeymoon Discussions

Anyone been to Cozumel?

Hi Brides! Has anyone travelled to Cozumel? I'm researching HM options now, and it seems super affordable, and beautiful. Have any of you been there? Or planning your HM there? I'm interested in what resorts you might be staying at or any info on nightlife etc... The mayan ruins are what is really drawing me to this spot, my FI loves history so I think he would enjoy an excursion to see them. We def. want an AI resort. Can't wait to hear your stories!!!
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone been to Cozumel?

• I haven't been but am thinking of going to Cozumel and RM for the HM.  I think the ruins on the island are smaller sites so we are planning on going to the ruins once we are in the RM. 

From what I've read most of the action is in San Miguel so we plan on staying there at a small hotel - non-all inclusive.  Most of the AI resorts are a bit south of that area or in the southern part of the island, and I believe there is 1 hotel on the east side.
  • sh228955sh228955 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    I only visited there on a cruise, so I do not have resort information.  However, I just wanted to say that the island is absolutely gorgeous!!  Beautiful, clear water, great snorkling, and nice people.  I think it would be a great honeymoon spot :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went on a cruise and went to the Mayan ruins..just beware that the country has changed on what you can do at the ruins now. We couldn't climb on any of the big ones..had to stay on a desinated path the whole time! So at some points was not fun!
  • Ooo thanks for that last tip PP we def. would want to climb!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_anyone-been-to-cozumel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:e02426c3-0773-48b5-8789-6ce8d04e34c8Post:1415e68f-a5f5-490c-8cab-e4e8c799a67d">Re: Anyone been to Cozumel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only visited there on a cruise, so I do not have resort information.  However, I just wanted to say that the island is absolutely gorgeous!!  Beautiful, clear water, great snorkling, and nice people.  I think it would be a great honeymoon spot :)
    Posted by sh228955[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I went to Cozumel on a cruise a few years ago and it was our favorite stop! We did a 4x4 jeep tour around the island. We snorkeled and saw the ruins (and crocs!). There are also shops and restaurants in the town center. It seemed like there were several nice hotels and resorts that would be great for a HM! On our tour we met a few people who were staying in Cancun for part of their vacay but also came to Cozumel for a few nights. HTH!</div>
    imageAnniversary
  • edited May 2012
    When I graduated from college, my best friend had a relative with a timeshare to Aventura Palace near Playa del Carmen.  http://www.aventura-palace.com/ This is an adult-only, all inclusive resort - and we were beyond impressed.   We had a blast here!   The resort is awesome, food was great - a large variety of inclusive restaurants, beautiful pool areas with a swim-up bar,  enjoyed a massage, went kayaking and snorkeling, and we could visit the other resorts for free during our stay.   We did the day excursion to Tulum, and I believe there was another one we participated in where we visited a marketplace.  I'm sure you can find an excursion for your FI's historical purposes.  The hotel had shuttles to wherever we were going so it was perfect. 

We also did go to Cozumel for the day, took the ferry over and also visited La Isla de Las Mujeres which is gorgeous.  I highly recommend this resort if you are looking to stay in that area.  
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I have been to Cozumel twice but both times we stayed on the main part of Mexico and took the ferry to Cozumel for day trips.

Playa del Carmen has a lot more going on with shopping and nightlife.  You can always take the ferry to Cozumel and drive around the island with a rented car or scooter.  Personally I would stay in Playa though they have lots of awesome resorts too.

We stayed at The Royal Playa del Carmen for our HM a month ago and it was wonderful (AI).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards