North Carolina-Outer Banks

Vendor Help

Hey Ladies, I've been in a tizzy trying to plan my September wedding, and I was hoping to get some vendor referrals from y'all. Our reception is going to be at Gertrude's Breakway, an event house in Corolla, and we're looking for: Tent/table/chair rentals DJ Transportation to/from reception Lodging for guests Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Brooke

Re: Vendor Help

• edited December 2011
    Brooke check out the following for rentals tent etc rentals:   Metro Rental Ocean Atlantic Rentals (this is who we are using)   Both have a lot of great stuff and pretty competative prices.
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm getting married May 20 2010 at the Whalehead Club so I can't talk about if I liked my vendors or not just yet. We are using the following vendors:  DJ Bruce, Hampton Inn & Inn at Corolla Light.  We statyed at the Inn of Corolla and was very pleased by the accomodations and service.  We checked out Metro and Ocean Atlantic and they were both the same price. Metro has a larger linen selection. Also there is a rental company in Chesapeake, VA that rents clear tents so I want to check them out and see if they are any cheaper or the same price. We are renting a vintage Rolls-Royce through Island Limo.any questions let me knowAudra:)
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brooke, I was married on Sept 19, 2009 at the Corolla Chapel with our reception at the Currituck Club. This was my accomodation review / DJ review that I posted on a previous post right after the wedding - I thought it would help! We sent our guests to 3 places for accomodations. Here they are and their "grades": Hampton Inn (B) - very nice and where most people stayed. However, they upped their rates from a minimum of 2 to 3 nights 3 months before the wedding, when most people made their reservations. Needless to say, alot of people felt so stuck because there was no way they could take a day off of work to comply with the 3 night minumum. Its in their contract that the minimum can change, so just be aware and let your guests know to book asap. Inn @ Corolla Light (D) - we had so many issues with reservations its not even funny, and I dont even know the half of it. All I know is that my mother and their management fought from Feb to September over reservations for my family members that mysteriously vanished, disappeared, were double charged, etc. My husband & I did stay there our wedding night and it was very quaint and nice - rose petals on bed and champagne if requested. However, just beware to book with caution Sanderling (A+) - When the Hampton Inn smacked the 3 night minimum on my guests for our wedding weekend, we called Sanderling and they were amazing. They immediately gave us a discount for our party and let us know how many rooms were avaliable. They were VERY reasonable rate-wise and everyone who satyed there loved it. The week before the wedding they sent us a complete list of the guests from our party -- The other two we had to call and ask 2 times to get a list. Good job Sandeling! DJ review: we used Matt Hooper from Outer Banks Music Masters - Matt is AWESOME!!! he is very chill, professional, went by our song list and appropriately improvised as needed (if the songs werent on our list, he made sure it fit the mood). He makes sure to stick by the timeline and isnt cheesy at all. I would totally recommend him to any OBX bride. Good luck w/ the rentals and the transportation. I just know that with transportation that you should call around and see what fits your idea and budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards