African American Weddings
Options

Thanksgiving Poll

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?  My FI has to work on Thanksgiving Day and the day after, so we're just going to have a quiet Thanksgiving at home, just the two of us!  I'll probably decorate the house and make it look all festive!  I may make a Thanksgiving cocktail too just in case the food isn't good (A good stiff drink may help take our minds off of things).  LOL Alfdallas, any suggestions?

Re: Thanksgiving Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Tam, hot mess girl! LOL Going home for southern cooking, card playing, football, and trash talking....always love, love at the homestead!
  • Options
    MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fi requested off; last year his Bday fell on Thanksgiving and we went to my families house. This year we are going to his families house then to my Dads I will make something here since his Bday is Black Friday
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a gift to have a bday on Black Friday, wow! I would lose my mind, I lose my mind anyway, but mostly online. I hate going to stores on black Friday. I like to see my sexy UPS driver a couple times a week during the holiday....HO HO HO, stand under my mistletoe! ROFLMAO
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TAM. I have the same exact plans as you. Honey has to work the day of and after Thanksgiving and I can't go home to AL. :-( But I know that the food is going to be great! LOL! Ooohhh... I may try the Signature Cocktails that the ladies help me with.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My family is going to Georgia for Thanksgiving...but since FI and I are saving money, we can't go. So, instead we'll be spending Thanksgiving at home with FI's family.I did find a a Thanksgiving-ish drink that you can check out. It sounds yummy!  I may have to try it myself. Pumpkin Pie Martini Ingredients: 2 parts Absolut Vanila vodka 1 part pumpkin schnapps splash of cream sprinkle with nutmeg Directions: Shake all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice Strain into a martini glass Garnish with nutmeg and a cherry
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LMAO @ Lovie.  Why I gotta be a hot mess!  I just believe in preparing for the worst.  LOL!  I think FI's part will be cool, it's my side dishes that are kinda sketchy....that's where the cocktails come into play.  LOL Oh!  And I know what you mean about the UPS driver.  Why are they always so sexy?!!  There's one that comes to my job and he is yummy! Oh!  And you're playing football after dinner, huh!  So Kennedy's. LOL@MrsJJohnson2b I'm so excited about Black Friday.  I have bday and christmas presents to get.@YasJas-Don't brag on the food!  LOL.  I think it'll be fine though.  We cooked Thanksgiving dinner last year, and we survived!  LOL.@nubianqween Thanks for the cocktail suggestion.  I'm going to have to try it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hell no we don't play football! We watch it, you know itis sets in. Are you kidding, the only football like thing we do is off sides if someone sits in our space on the couch, roughing the passer if someone snatches something off your plate, and a sack for eating the crusty corner of the mac n cheese if you called it. ROFLMAO
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Lovie.  LMBAO!!! You are a mess.  Truly, truly a mess!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!!!! Tam, you can do it!!! I have confidence in you hun! I wasn't trying to brag too much. Sorry... LOL!!! If you need some pointers holla at me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YasJas...I'm literally LOL!  I need a personal chef, not pointers.  I'm a horrible cook!  That's why FI does all of the cooking.  When we first started dating I tried to win him over with my culinary talents....but uhhh...I don't think that's what did it for me.  He was a good sport about my lack of cooking skills.  He just decided that it would be best for him to do all of the cooking LOL.  I have two things that I cook every holiday, that knock on wood, I haven't completely screwed up and that's my mac-n-cheese (well, really it's a work in progress, to be honest with you) and I my dressing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!!! That is what won my crazy honey over! LOL! He was just talking about it. Well I am sure that you will "put your foot" in that Mac and Cheese and that dressing. GL!
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You just reminded me I need to get to work on my holiday cocktail ideas. Who cares about food holidays are just another reason to drink. The FI and I usually do something quiet for Thanksgiving since neither of us think it's a real holiday. How can it be a holiday if there are no presents?! We're waiting for black friday to try to score Christmas gifts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My extended family dinner on Th, visit to his family (in neighboring state) F-Sunday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to cook my Axx off. My FI thought it would be great to have his WHOLE family (on his Mom's side). This would be fine but we're moving into our house this Saturday the 21st so in less than a week we have to have our house ready for guests and I have to cook a Turkey, homemade clover leaf rolls, sweet potato casserole, green beans, a white cake, a chocolate cake, 2 pecan pies, 2 sweet potato pies and 2 apple pies. The rest of the stuff other people are bringing but still.... 28 people for Thanksgiving is alot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards