Just Engaged and Proposals

Under the shooting stars (my late proposal post)

On August 12, 2009, Josh (my now FI) and I went on a camping trip to the Gifford Pinchot forest to pick huckleberries and watch a meteor shower. After the sun had set and after we had set up our campsite, we went on a little drive. Before we got out of the car to go back to the campsite, Josh asked me to kiss him. I was a little confused, but I did anyway. When I pulled away from the kiss, he was holding the ring. I was unable to form coherent thought, so I just squeaked and went back to kissing him. Sometime during the kiss, I stopped a couple times to say, "I love you". Eventually, when I was finally able to think straight, I pulled away and said, "Oh... and yes". After that, Josh lead me out of the car, sat me down on the picnic table,  and under the shooting stars, got down on one knee and asked "Will you marry me?" . We were both shaking (mostly because it was less than 40 degrees outside...but a little because of nerves), but he managed to slip the ring on my finger after I answered yes (again).Of course, this was out in the middle of nowhere and so I didn't have cellphone reception until we were almost home. I couldn't tell anyone until 4 pm the next day :)

Re: Under the shooting stars (my late proposal post)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards