Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

thinking about making gifts for BM?

So....it's not like uber creative....but I make those fleece blankets....or I've made a few for some family members...I'm thinking about doing this for my BM's...or at least some of them.I'd try to find a fabric that I think would fit them each individually.....what do you think...would you like a gift like this?(It's the tie fleece blankets)  They are cute.......I love them!

Re: thinking about making gifts for BM?

• Options
    bbohacbbohac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a really cute idea. I would love to get one as a gift, if I didn't already have one. So unless any of them already have one i think it'd be great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do like them, and it is a good idea, but I think you should find out if the girls will like them, or have a use for them. Everyone has a use for blankets, but I personally have about 15-20 blankets, 6 of which are fleece tie blankets. Another one would just take up a ton of space and not really get used. If they could use one though, I'd say definitely go for it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be a nice birthday/holiday/housewarming gift, but it doesn't really scream "Thanks for being in our wedding!" like other gifts have.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE blankets which is why I have a lot of them :). I agree maybe figure out if it would be useful to the girl - for me since I have so many already I would appreciate the thought but something else might be better.
  • Options
    rosebc118rosebc118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah I agree they are really nice and comfy!!! I would say if they were part of a gift, they would be great! otherwise, they may seem weird to give as a gift for being in the wedding...they are fun to make though :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd see if you could do some sleuthing before you invest the time and material. I personally have a rediculous amount of blankets - to the point that most of them are in boxes in the basement until I have a house with enough bedrooms to use them all. It wouldn't be something that I'd necessarily want or need - but that is me. You may have maids who are totally without them and would love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards