Honeymoon Discussions

travel agent advice

How did you find a good travel agent? I posted on my local board (the chicago board) and didn't have much luck. We haven't traveled much so we want to go through a travel agent when we book our trip. We want to go somewhere tropical, but not sure where....we have several places in mind: Puerto Rico, Dominican, Mexico, Aruba, Costa Rica. Maybe Hawaii, but it might be a bit pricey for us. We're getting married at the end of July and want a 7-10 day trip for about $3,000 total.Any travel agent or other advice?Thanks!

Re: travel agent advice

• I found mine on here from other ladies. Many are now on the nest. They recommended Jennifer at VIP. www.travelbyvip.com I know there are other agents that work there so maybe contact them and see.
  • I emailed my top 4 TA choices, based on reviews, and asked them all to price out different trips for us. They were all good, but Jennifer from VIP really took to heart what I was telling her we wanted for our HM and came in under our budget. Contact several and make sure you choose someone you like and are comfortable working with.
  • Jennifer @ The Tropical Travelers is great. We just booked our 7 night Jamaican honeymoon through her and she was very helpful and informative. http://www.thetropicaltravelers.com/
  • We contacted a few local agents and were not that impressed, it seemed like I knew more than they did about the island and resort and we had a pretty strict budget. I found www.myislandgetaways.com     from this board and we worked with Nancy the owner and got a great deal and some extra perks.
  • I used Nancy from My Island Getaways also. We booked with her earlier this month. She got back to us with answers so fast and really helped us with ideas, had great feedback because she has been there so much and worked with our budget. Fi also went to her for quotes on his bachelor party to Cancun and she is saving them a lot of money then the pricing they got on their own.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hey we used Nancy from Island Getaways too for our DW at El Dorado Royale and she was a saviour for us. She helped us in so many situations for our DW and we would have been lost without her, plus she saved us money. We found her on the destination weddding board.....njswimmmer recommended her and several other DW brides, she was a great find!
  • I also just booked (Aruba) with Jennifer at VIP Vacations. She got back to me quickly on everything and has been really friendly.I don't know what style of hotel you're looking for, but from what I've seen Aruba might be harder to do at a really nice hotel on a $3000 budget. We're spending more than that for 8 nights, not including airfare, but we're staying in a suite. If your budget is just for the hotel, you'd probably be fine.
  • We used Nancy from MyIslandGetaways for our honeymoon at Sandals Antigua. She had been to the resort several times and had a good relationship with the management there, which worked to our advantage. She was very knowledgeable, informative, and responsive whenever we had questions. We knew we were in good hands if anything had gone wrong.
  • I just wanted to say that Nancy helped us book our trip to St. Lucia. I'm so excited. I'll post a full review in the future...maybe on the honeymoon board. Thanks for all the referrals!
  • We are another big fan of myislandgetaways.com and used Nancy for our Honeymoon in St. Lucia and she was a true expert on the island resort and educated us on everything we needed to know and do on the island. By far my favorite vendor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards