Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Offering choices...

I don't usually post much, but I need some advice!

We are offering our guests a choice between three entrees (meat, fish, and vegetarian) for our sit-down meal.  Our venue does their own catering, and they have told us that they won't walk around and ask each person what they ordered, so we need to get them that information ahead of time (putting some kind of marker on each person's place card is fine too, and we're planning to do that).

My question is: we are planning to send out an entree choice card with our invitations, so we will know how many of each entree we need.  But how do we keep a record of what each person orders?  For example, if the invitation is going to a family of three (mom, dad and kid), they might say they want 2 meat and one vegetarian entree, but how do we know whether the mom and dad want meat and the kid vegetarian, or the mom and kid want meat and the dad vegetarian, etc?

My mom came up with the idea of including an entree choice card for each person in the family with each invitation and labeling them with their names, which isn't a horrible idea, but sounds kind of time-consuming (and also makes the envelopes bulkier).  Just wondering if anyone on here has any other suggestions?

Thanks! Smile

Anniversary

Re: Offering choices...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards