New Jersey

North Jersey Wedding Venues

We are looking to get married next Fall (2010) and have narrowed down our choices to The Imperia in Sommerset and the Liberty House in Jersey City. Both completely different but equally ranked on our list. Has anyone been to an affair at either place? Thanks!

Re: North Jersey Wedding Venues

• edited December 2011
    Seabass is getting married at imperia, hasn't yet but you cna page her there's another (at least 1) girl here getting married @ liberty house as well I've been to a wedding at the Imperia and it was great - the food was good, the place was beautiful and the servers were a lot of fun actually
  • edited December 2011
    Are you looking at the bottom room or the top room at Liberty House?I went to an affair on the bottom and really wasn't impressed considering the amount of money you pay for it.  We shared a bathroom with the other guests which made for a very long line.  I didn't like that the dance floor and tables were in separate rooms and that the music wasn't piped in.  Also, we kept hearing the other band Liberty House had, playing on the patio for the dinner guests.
  • edited December 2011
    ugh Caketime...when I read you had to wait in line for the bathroom, at a wedding - that threw it in the can for me. I cannot stand waiting in line for that and it would drive me bananas
  • acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would rec Imperia.  Affordable and a beautiful venue.  I loved the room on the main floor as opposed to the room on the bottom floor.
  • edited December 2011
    We visited the Imperia and had heard great things about it. Also seemed very reasonable for the amount of food you get for the price.
  • kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to both venues and like the The Imperia much better!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to two weddings at Liberty House & thought both of them were not great at all (food wise).  Considering the price, view, and location, I was hoping it would be better.  
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yes, forgot the food (bizarre that I forgot food!).  Anyway I thought it was ok but nothing special.  Oh and the other thing I did not like is I saw them cleaning up.  Not making things neat but literally rolling the cocktail hour tables away, stacking chairs, dealing with linen.  And our service was so-so.  Kristen - I was so irked because it was a Saturday night so the place was pretty crowded for a bathroom with only 3 stalls.
  • emt16emt16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at The Imperia in October and it was amazing.  I would highly suggest it, the staff is more than helpful and I couldnt have asked for more.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i attended a wedding at liberty place about 4 years ago (top level room) and i thought it was very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the imperia in a couple of weeks so can't comment on how they pull off a wedding but i've been to other events there and thought they did a great job, which is part of the reason we chose to have our wedding there. We're in the downstairs room, which I think some people don't like because of the low ceilings but it's not super low (no one is going to hit their head on the ceiling, at least none of our guests) and we liked the intimate feel of it much better than the typical big ball room.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Liberty House. The wedding's not until April but so far they have been great to work with, and were very willing to work with me on the price to meet my budget.  Haven't had my tasting yet, but I have several friends who've been to weddings there who raved about the food.  I agree with the others that the upstairs room is much nicer if you can meet the minimum (around 150 people), although I'm using the downstairs room since we're having a smaller wedding. Yeah, the setup is not great downstairs with the DJ being set up in the adjacent room, although with all the doors open it feels like one room (good point about the music piped in - I'm going to see if the DJ can set up a speaker in the dining room).  We were willing to compromise on this since we loved everything else about the place - nothing else came close.  There are a lot of beautiful venues in NJ but if you're looking for something modern and different from the traditional ballroom, there are fewer choices.  As far as the bathroom situation, we're having a Sunday afternoon wedding so I'm not expecting that to be much of a problem. When I was researching venues I really like the Imperia in pictures also, but it was too far from us.
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • natty08natty08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the liberty house last year in the downstairs room and it was great.  The DJ/music situation was a non-issue.  I can email anyone who wants more info./pics.  It was great and our guests (many from out of town) were stunned by the view.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! This was so helpful, especially for my first wedding post! If we do go with the Liberty House, we would use the upstairs room, but the Cocktail Hour would be in the "tented" bottom room. I didn't even think about the bathroom situation for that hour. So thank you! It's definitely a cool place with an amazing view, but I'm affraid of just paying for JUST that. The Imperia is moving higher on my list. They seemed to be on top of everything and the price was much better. Did anyone use or look into the hotel that they own. Comfort Suites?
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at the Comfort Suites but we are using the Crowne Plaza which is right down the road as our OOT hotel instead. They both offer breakfast the following morning and provide shuttle service to the Imperia if you have at least 10 rooms booked. But, the Crowne plaza gave us a lower rate and they have a bar that we plan on using for our after party. It also just looks nicer on the inside (IMO) and is slightly closer (not enough to really make a difference though) to the Imperia.Oh and we had a meeting with the Imperia to pick our menu and linens and set all the final details. Let me tell you the amount of food on the menu is ridiculous. It's actually kind of sickening when you really think about how much food is going to be eaten throughout the night. Also they are very accommodating to my random requests. Like they serve Verdi champagne which is a really sweet champagne that I was not a fan of so I asked them if they could get a drier champagne and they said no problem. They also offered to fix FI his own special plate of food since he wasn't a fan of carrots. Just little things that aren't a big deal (and certainly not exclusive to the Imperia) but show that they really are trying to make this day everything you want it to be, without you feeling like you're bothering them or being a bridezilla
  • edited December 2011
    Any recommended rehearsal dinner places near The Imperia?  I'm starting to lean more towards that place but am worried about it being a little isolated for Friday night dinner.
  • sdeifallahsdeifallah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in the same space in October.  Every time i visit the venue it seems dirty-  like they dont know how o clean it really well.  The floor in the tent it filthy.  DO you have any advice?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards