May 2012 Weddings

Groomsmen Gift Help??

FI has 6 very different groomsmen. Three are friends from high school, one is his younger brother, one is my brother, and the last is a friend from his hometown who is slightly older with two kids. So my question is... what do we get these guys for gifts?? The typical flask gift won't work for everyone... One doesn't drink and one is too young. Gift cards seem like the easy way out :( I don't know the guys well enough to get them stuff based on what they like and FI will wait until the very last minute to get them anything!

Basically I"m stuck and I need all your ladies help!!
imageVisit The Nest!

Re: Groomsmen Gift Help??

• i'm leaving all the groomsmen gifts to FI.  so, that would be my first suggestion :-P

there's nothing wrong with getting them each something different.  i think the typical suggestion is to shop for them like you're shopping for a b-day gift for that person.

you could do engraved flasks for a couple guys, tickets to a football game for one guy, a gift card to chuck. e. cheeses for the guy with kids (jk) etc, etc...

if you wanted to get them all the same thing, maybe a tie and/or cufflinks to wear in the wedding, or maybe a nice personalized hankie/bandana or maybe a fun pair of socks that match your wedding colors...

good luck!
  • bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree there's nothing wrong with getting them each something different. I also agree that there's anything wrong with a gift card. I would rather get a gift card that I would use than some random gift that doesn't fit me.
    That being said, I've also left the GMs gifts up to FI! He knows most of his GM much better than I do!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're getting gift cards. Our guys are also so different that it would be impossible to get them all the same thing. We'll also get them something else small so it's more than just a gift card but their main gift will be the card. Guys are so hard to shop for and I think this was one of the hardest wedding related decisions we had to make.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I left the decision up to FI but we ended up going with ties/ nice reef flip flops since they would of have to buy them for the wedding anyway. Im buying my girls hair/makeup...we went very practical since we know everyone is struggling with money.
  • We are doing gift cards and then maybe something small for them individually. All of our guys are very different so we can't get the same things. I agree you need to shop for them like you would a birthday or Christmas present. Also if you aren't going to leave it up to your FI to buy the gifts at least make him give you suggestions!
  • I agree with PP, this should be something you leave to your FI.  (At least the picking them out part.)  He should know them well enough to pick something for each of them.  Sit him down and have him spend some time thinking about it.  Then the you can take over the finding/ordering, so you know its done.

• I am trying to get FI to start finalizing this task.. he is in the same boat as well with all different groomsmen.
    I think getting them something different would be the best bet, that way each are happy and it shows you guys really took the time to pick out something that they would like.
  • I think it's best when you shop for a BM or GM gift like you would their birthday gift, because it shows you put a lot of thought into the gift. FI is thinking about getting monogram flasks or beer mugs for his GM, however all of them would really love this gift! His brother is only 16 so his gift will probably be a New York Giants something because he loves them.

Sometimes the same monogram gift works and sometimes it doesn't. Just make sure you get them something that you know they will like and use.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards