Washington-Seattle

Reception length?

Hi all -

How long is/was your reception?  We have our venue for 6 hours which will include ceremony (45 min), cocktail hour (picture time for us), and reception.  Do you think that's enough time?

TIA!

Re: Reception length?

• jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    4 hours.  I think 6 will be fine, including all that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i agree.. 6 is fine for all of that, as long as your ceremony isn't an hour or more long.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    That should be fine. Our reception is going to be short, only 3 hours sadly although I would prefer 4 but would have to rent the hall for the second half of the day!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was 1 hour cocktail hour + 4 hour dinner reception. That's the NJ standard though.
  • edited December 2011
    That depends on how much set up you have. I was thinking 1 hour set up, 1 hour ceremony, 1 hour cocktail/pictures, 3 hours reception, 1 hour cleanup. Things might run late with the ceremony, or wrangling the wedding party might take time out of the coctail/picture time...I guess it just depends.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, I wasn't including any set up/clean up time.  If you need that too, 6 hours is tight.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No - it's weird - we can set up starting whenever we want but the actual "event" can't be more than 6 hours, then we don't have any clean up time restrictions except being out of the building by 12 am.

Thanks for the reassurance though!
  • edited December 2011
    Our reception is 5 1/2 hours long... may seem long, but that's cause we like to party..
    Timeline for the reception looks like this:

5:15 DJ's announce BP entrance
    5:45 DJ announces food line after B&G
    6:30 Toasts
    6:45 DJ to announce 1st dance
    7:00 F/D & M/S first dance
    7:45 Tosses, then cake cutting
    8:15 Money dance
    8:30-10:30 dancing!
    10:30 farewell to B&G

It's a rough timeline, but I think it will work out.
  • amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony was at another location starting at 5:30, so I think that the actual reception was 'technically' from 6 (1 hour cocktail hour as people arrived) until 11:30pm... at least I think that's when we left, I can't really remember!  But we had the place until midnight.
  • edited December 2011
    So glad you posted this! i have been truly panicking thinking i dont have enough time!  we have from 3pm (ceremony start) until 8pm with cleanup at 8-9pm.  Woohoo thanks for asking Jostina!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards