Kentucky-Louisville

Favors

I am having a hard time deciding on favors for our wedding. I was wondering if you all had any suggestions. We are on a budget and would like to have fairly inexpensive favors.
Thanks in advance

Re: Favors

• ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Anything edible. Most people either don't take or throw away nonedible favor, especially if they are personalized.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chocolate dipped pretzel rods.  You can get the pretzels at Sams or Costco (or, if you're not a member- try GFS).  Buy chocolage bark at the grocery, melt and dip.  Let them dry on wax paper.  You can even drizzle melted white chocolate over to make them look pretty.  Put two in a cellophane bag, tie with a ribbon & DONE.  Easy.  Tasty.  Cheap. 

For the bags, try Nashville Wraps:  http://www.nashvillewraps.com/cellophane-bags/clear-cello-bags/sku-cc311.html
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing favors.  We'll make a donation to the non-profit organization that I work for and that will count as our favor. 
  • tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favors are not a neccessity.  We didn't do them and I don't think anyone even noticed.  LIke ppl said, most people throw them away.  The pretzel idea sounds cute though, I would opt for something like that.
  • edited December 2011

My friend had flip flops as favors and it was wonderful.  Instead of everyone hurting their feet all night, guest could take off their shoes and put flip flops on.  She went through the Dollar Days website.

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:ee93dc24-ea0c-4366-95c1-b869e8e949baPost:69d13122-c34e-479b-b95f-b00147ceb969">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're not doing favors.  We'll make a donation to the non-profit organization that I work for and that will count as our favor. 
    Posted by inkygirl[/QUOTE]

Just FYI - there are some people who are kind of offended by things like this.  Personally, I wouldn't want a donation in my name made to an organization I didn't personally research, select, and actively support.  Also, posting notice that you've made a donation is kind of AWish and irks some people.  If you want to make the donation - do it.  Just don't call it "in lieu of favors" or whatever.  Make the donation, skip favors, call it a day.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I work for a Christian missionary sending organization and everyone who will be at the wedding is in full support of the work I do.  And when the donation is made, it won't be in the name of each and every guest, it will be from our wedding guests.  I've told several of our close friends who will be guests and they all think it's a fabulous idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards