Military Brides

PSA: Screen Names

As military SOs, FIs, Spouses, whatever, we need to be especially careful about privacy. Using your first and last name as a screen name is a bad idea. Especially if you don't necessarily have a common name. My sn here is Knot/Nest specific, I don't use it anywhere else. Sometimes, it helps to google your sn sometimes (especially before you create a profile), to see how large your internet footprint really is.Also, remember to use a photo site, like tinyurl, photobucket, etc. for photos. Don't like to a myspace or fb.:)
I hate Dave Ramsey

Re: PSA: Screen Names

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I mean don't link to photos from ms or fb. Hmm, freudian slip thanks to my relative antipathy for social networking sites.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Stan! I was about to post something similar, but you beat me to the punch. How the heck are ya?
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm well, just busy with class. Had the ball a few weeks ago. How about you? Anything new in wedding planning land?
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bleh...my SN is not my name...but after reading this I google searched and apparently a lot of people have a similar name. Sorry folks! Lol...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Same here. Class is kicking my butt! I never realized that being a senior would be so dang busy. Wedding planning has pretty much been halted. Due to class and such, I'm going to wait until about May to pick things up again :-) Just counting the days until graduation! When are you graduating?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards