Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Pots

My FI and I are going to register this weekend and will be needing a good set of pots. Any suggestions?

Re: Pots

• Options
    AllClad are the best, IMO. They're expensive though.
  • Options
    I LOVE our All-Clad. We registered for individual pieces from the set so that they were more pocketbook-friendly to our guests.
  • Options
    All Clad is the best.With that being said, I don't own a set because they are so expensive and we didn't register for them because we really couldn't justify the cost.For now we are really happy with our calphalon non-stick anodized.  They will flake if you scrape them with metal utensils or put them in the dishwasher enough times but for our limited cooking purposes that particular set has been really great.
  • Options
    I prefer to cook with stainless, not non-stick, and I have a skillet from T-Fal (Stainless steel induction) that is awesome. I don't remember how much it was, but it wasn't expensive, because I bought it for myself. I plan on registering for the rest of the set because I like that one pan so much, I also have a Farberware sauce pan that I use frequently, and like, but its not as awesome as the skillet. I prefer stainless to non-stick because you can use whatever kind of utensils you want, put it in the dishwasher, and get after it with steel wool if necessary. As far as searing foods, I find that it is actually more non-stick than my non-stick pans.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of Calphalon pots and pans. I agree with pp about registering individually instead of a set. It makes it easier for guests to purchase individual items because the cost is much less.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Calphalon or AllClad will be the highest quality you'll find IMO. I prefer calphalon, but allclad is just as good.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    I'm a fan of pots with copper.  They have good heat distribution and require less heating than some.  I believe either Calphalon or All Clad has a set.  I don't like non-stick in general, though I've only used very inexpensive ones.  They seem to scratch easily when cleaning.
  • Options
    Depends on if you cook alot and how much.If you cook but are not totaly into cooking the Emerald sets are great and reasonably priced.  If you LOVE to cook and do it all the the time Calphalon has a great new line called Unison it is a non stick line, but some are for searing and some regular non stick.  They are pricey, but they have a lifetime warranty. So you don't have to worry about scratching.  And they can go in the dishwasher.  Most non stick can not go into the dishwasher.Good luck!
  • Options
    All Clad is the best you can buy. Hands down.
    BFP#1: 1/24/12, MC 2/5/12 @6 wks BFP#2: 4/3/12, EDD 12/11/12 Baby Girl born 11/23/12!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Henri and Charlotte, Christmas 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just got the 18-pc set by Cooks at JCPenney. They were normally $499 but they were on sale for $199. I couldn't resist! I would wait until the day after Thanksgiving. I'm sure that any name brand store will have a huge sale!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards