Connecticut

Venue for a small wedding in CT?

Hi all,
My fiance and I are looking to have a very small wedding - about 60-75 guests probably - and we've started to notice that most places have a minimum of 100 or 125 guests for booking a venue. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a venue in CT for both the ceremony and reception with only a small number of guests? We're looking for a cozy, maybe rustic, natural-looking and interesting setting, with possibly a location for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Venue for a small wedding in CT?

• We had our wedding at the Lounsbury House in Ridgefield.  It's not rustic, but it's a beautiful georgian mansion.  It's definitely an interesting setting.  It's perfect for that many people.

http://www.lounsburyhouse.com/
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_venue-for-a-small-wedding-in-ct?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:2f846f85-95f3-441a-bfaf-cb30db75fff1Post:ca41f1a3-02ee-4589-9073-d1fbc7abf4fe">Venue for a small wedding in CT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, My fiance and I are looking to have a very small wedding - about 60-75 guests probably - and we've started to notice that most places have a minimum of 100 or 125 guests for booking a venue. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a venue in CT for both the ceremony and reception with only a small number of guests? We're looking for a cozy, maybe rustic, natural-looking and interesting setting, with possibly a location for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Posted by JBSC[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My fiance and I are having a similarly sized guest list, and we're getting married at Mystic Seaport. I highly recommend it! There are multiple locations on-site where you can have the ceremony, including a church within the Seaport and some beautiful locations outdoors as well. There are several places that would be suitable for you to have your indoor reception, including the River Room and the Morgan Suites. Their pricing is reasonable, too, and there is no per person minimum-- only a general food/beverage minimum that differs based on the reception location you choose. Definitely consider looking into them. GL!</div>
  • We ran into the same problem since we're having about 75-80 people for our wedding.  Consider having your wedding on a Friday- we found more venues were willing to work with you on a smaller number.  I don't know where you are looking or your price range.  We are having our reception at Wadsworth Mansion in Middletown.  There are no minimuns since you are just renting the mansion itself and having a smaller wedding works better there.  Pavilion on Crystal Lake has an really nice area for an outdoor ceremony area and is a renovated barn feel.   Webb Barn is pretty cool (though we never looked at it so don't know if they have a min # of people but I don't think so).  We tried Barns at Wesleyan Hills but they didn't have any dates left in 2013 that worked for us- they were willing to work with us on numbers on a Friday (same company as the pavilion).    Also perhaps look into a vineyard- definitely fits your natural-looking and interesting setting.

I'm sure other knotties will have some more suggestions for you.  Smile  

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was going to suggest the Seaport too. We got married at the Mystic Aquarium with 75 guests. 
  • oronoque country club
  • We were originally planning on 90 or so guests and found more venues were more flexible with their minimums on Friday or Sundays.  We ended up with a Sunday and of course, now our guest list is over 130 so it doesn't matter anyways.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• You can look at the Dudley Farm in Guilford.  Seating on the main floor of the barn is 85 people. You do have to bring in your rental tables, linens, caterer etc. But it can work.  

http://www.dudleyfarm.com/munger.htm
  • I'm not sure what your budget is but the Lord Thompson Manor, Mansion at Bald Hill or Inn at Woodstock Hill are all beautiful.  They are in NE CT, Thompson and Woodstock.  Good luck!  :)
    Photobucket
  • Webb Barn would fit what you're looking for.  Also, we got married at the Branford House - it's not rustic, but it's totally suitable for a smaller wedding as it's a venue only space.  You can have the ceremony on the lawn, dinner in one room, and dancing in another for that number of people - super elegant!

Anniversary

• The Waterview is absolutelly gorgeous. You should check them out and tell them you want to have a small wedding, maybe they can work something out with you. 
  • Keeler Tavern Garden House in Ridgefield is ideal for small numbers as they have a 100 guest cap, and space-wise say no more than 90 is best. The garden is beautiful, that's what sold it for us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards