Catholic Weddings

can you share with me?

I was hoping someone can share with me a few of there wedding items:

Ceremony Timeline

Program info ( with full mass and with out full mass)

I have no idea about catholic weddings ( I am in the process of becoming Catholic) and want to get some ideas before we meet with our Father.

Thanks so much in advance. You can PM me them if you don't want to post them on here.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: can you share with me?

• edited December 2011
    First of all, congrats on going through RCIA. I went through it a few years ago and it was one of the best things I ever have done.

We got married at 1pm. My MOH and I got our hair done at 7:30 AM. Then we went back to my Grandma's house (which is where I was staying bc we live out of state) and we did our make-up. I did not get mine done professionally. We were at the church and in the bridal room by 11:30 AM. We got dressed, finished the final touches and then my photographer came in and did some pics. I wasn't really keen on the whole photographer being there when I got dressed. We got enough pics from the rest of my BM's that were in there helping me, etc.

We had a full mass. I will PM you the layout order of my program. I have helped a few other girls around here as well.

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wow, how exciting to be going through RCIA!  Welcome home and welcome to this board.  Here are some links that will help you with your question about Mass programs.
    Catholic wedding during Mass:Catholic Wedding Help
    Catholic wedding outside Mass:http://catholicweddinghelp.com/topics/order-wedding-outside-mass.htm
    Walk-through of steps of the Mass:http://www.americancatholic.org/newsletters/cu/ac0889.asp
    And here are some more books to help you learn more about our faith.
    Main sources:Handbook for Today's CatholicCompendium of the Catholic ChurchCatechism of the Catholic Church
    Beginner's Catholicism:Did Adam Have a Belly Button?Did Jesus Have a Last Name?Beginning Apologetics
    Theology of the Body:Theology of the Body for BeginnersGood News about Sex and Marriage
    You may want a Catholic Bible, a great way to learn the values of the Gospel:New American Bible
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies.. You both have been very helpful.. I am getting bapitized on easter ( confirmed and everything also on easter). Then the weekend after easter we will be getting married i am super excited.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_can-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:f2e4c275-9292-4760-9f2b-f8fa3b63d715Post:550a045b-ba6a-474f-bd42-a550b626ca02">Re: can you share with me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ladies.. You both have been very helpful.. I am getting bapitized on easter ( confirmed and everything also on easter). Then the weekend after easter we will be getting married i am super excited.
    Posted by wifeandmommy0609[/QUOTE]

That is awesome. H proposed to me the night of the Easter Vigil mass right after I was confirmed. Glad I could help you out.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank You so much again.
  • edited December 2011
    No problem. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the church! I went through RCIA myself and loved every minute of it. If you PM me your email address I will email you a copy of my program information if you'd like. I would just PM it to you but it's easier to send as an attachment :o)

By the way, we are doing a full Mass.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    akg you have a pm.. thanks again ladies it means alot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards