African American Weddings

bilingual invites

are there any ladies out there who have their wedding invites in two languages? Would you please share samples with me? Thanks

Re: bilingual invites

• edited December 2011
    I ended up  not going that route but I have some examples on the blog
  • gatineaubridegatineaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Pasma
    I will browse through your blog. Did you write them in French or English?
  • edited December 2011
    75 in English and 25 in French... Fi and I couldn't decide on the format of the bilingual version/design and i couldn't be bothered...
  • gatineaubridegatineaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    excellent idea Pasma! I think  I am going to do the same so that I can have peace!

I saw on your blog that your wedding reception is ending at midnight. How come?
    What did our people think about that? Are you specifying that on the invites or the DJ will just stop the music at midnight? Are you having an evening reception? I want to have a party that ends at midnight but FI is more worried about people complaining that they did not have enough time to dance but also rushing through all the different activities (dinner, cake cutting, dancing, etc). We have a hard time figuring what length time is a decent one
    What are you you doing with you OOT guests? are they fine with paying one night at the hotel or are they complaining? I am still worried about my people reactions regarding hotel stay. My parents have quite a big house but there is no way we can have everybody there. Would you mind shraing your timeline with me so that I can have a  better idea and see how you worked things though?
    Sorry for asking so many questions but I feel like we have more things in common in terms of our wedding planning and background as well.
    Thanks in advance
  • edited December 2011
    im sorry to dip, but are the celebrations in your culture really lengthy?
  • edited December 2011
    Rav, you have no idea. LOL!

Usually (at least in Cameroon) the wedding is a few days long. But the families usually help with all the preparations.

Here we are trying to condense everything in one or two days for various reasons. But most people who are complaining (and who in turn we are bitching about) are just used to have parties until the wee hours of the morning. But then again, they never show for the ceremony or other important part of the reception (not different than going to a club if you ask me.) They will show up around 10 PM or so and want to drink and party till 5 AM. 

So not happening at my wedding...

PS: For the record, not every Cameroonians or Africans are like that (and I love my culture and my people), just the ones I have to deal with right now
  • edited December 2011

Thank you for the reply...I was just being curious. I like to learn about different cultures and customs. But I agree..if your there for support come for the entire wedding..not just to eat and drink til your hearts content...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards