Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

wedding day hair & makeup

Hi ladies!

I'm trying to figure out where to get hair and makeup done for the wedding day... We are having our ceremony and reception at a country club (in Warrington, PA) and can arrive early for pictures, but they recommend having hair and makeup done elsewhere because the dressing room is kind of cramped to be in all day (I have 5 BMs including MOH, plus family). Was it easier to get your hair & makeup done at your site or elsewhere? What do you recommend? And how about any salon suggestions near Warrington? Thanks! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding day hair & makeup

• Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having a morning wedding or an evening wedding?

I had a 5:00 ceremony and I got my hair done at my normal salon around 9:30 am.  I have very thin hair so I wanted someone  who knew how to ... um.. deal with it ;)

I got my make up done on site though.   I think she showed up around 1:30 or 2.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011

4:30 ceremony...my hair is curly and frizzy and thats one thing that worries me!

thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Are you staying at a hotel or at a house the night before?

If you can't find a salon, and want someone to come to you, you can always get ready in a hotel room.  I did hair and makeup in the hotel, then I got dressed at the venue so I wouldn't wrinkle haha (BMs got dressed in the hotel). 
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should probably mention that my salon was in Bensalem and my ceremony was in Blue Bell-- so like 40 minutes away from each other.  I don't know if that makes a difference for you.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011

There are a few local hotels- I actually hadn't even thought of getting ready there, but that's actually a great idea! Haven't decided yet where I'm staying the night before, but one of the hotels would be perfect, then I'm there to get ready :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emmy82087emmy82087 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married at Warrington Country Club and it just so happened she was a hair dresser so we went to the salon she works at.  I am getting married in Ivyland and my hair will be done at home by my hairdresser friend.

My friend works at Aerodrome in Hatboro. Right there are York & Byberry Rds in the main stretch of Hatboro. Ask for Regina or Kelly if you call.  Also, if you're getting married at the Warrington, I believe there is a hair place (might be a supercuts or hair cuttery) in the shopping center where Redners is.

Good luck!

ps: My name is Emily if you call Aerodrome. 215-956-0232.  
    Hairdressers books dont open until about 2 months before the date you need. It doesn't hurt to give a call.

Mrs. Emily Wolcott June 11, 2011 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards