Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Pre-Cana - Any one-day options?

Hi! My church used to offer an all-day Saturday Pre-Cana class, but they are eliminating it in the next couple of months, and doubling the cost of the class, since it will be 2 days instead of one (UGH!). Does anyone know of any other one-day Pre-Cana options in the area? I'm willing to drive anywhere. Would love a cheaper option, too!  My church wants to charge us $200.  Thanks for your help!

Re: Pre-Cana - Any one-day options?

• The diocese of Harrisburg offers a one day class for less than $150 but I think it requires you to have several meetings with a sponsor couple through your home parish. However, they also offer a weekend class that starts Friday evening through Sunday afternoon. I think it was around $300 including hotel room and meals. We did it in May and really enjoyed it, although, of course, there are some "roll your eyes" moments. If I recall correctly,there were several couples from different states/dioceses so that could possibly work if you don't mind a weekend.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_pre-cana-any-one-day-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:85933a14-fb04-451e-9ace-a1bb5b7932faPost:aa2b4e6c-3de9-4820-8815-20ac412c4538">Pre-Cana - Any one-day options?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! My church used to offer an all-day Saturday Pre-Cana class, but they are eliminating it in the next couple of months, and doubling the cost of the class, since it will be 2 days instead of one (UGH!). Does anyone know of any other one-day Pre-Cana options in the area? I'm willing to drive anywhere. Would love a cheaper option, too!  My church wants to charge us $200.  Thanks for your help!
    Posted by onelastpost[/QUOTE]
    Go to the Archdiocese of Philadelphia website.  I am doing one day (one long day) on December 1st in Center City. They also have October 27th available and some scattered Saturdays in  January through March.  $195 for the full day. 
  • My church offers it once a year. It will be on March 16 (I believe) this year. Not positive of the price yet though. It's Assumption BVM in Feasterville PA
  • my church offers one day classes. they have it twice  year. November and then the spring. St. Robert's Bellermine in Warrington PA

• In Delaware County they have one day for $100 at St. Dorothys (St Dots) in Drexel Hill.
  • Our Lady of Calvary in Northeast Philadelphia has a one day class in October
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_pre-cana-any-one-day-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:85933a14-fb04-451e-9ace-a1bb5b7932faPost:aa2b4e6c-3de9-4820-8815-20ac412c4538">Pre-Cana - Any one-day options?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! My church used to offer an all-day Saturday Pre-Cana class, but they are eliminating it in the next couple of months, and doubling the cost of the class, since it will be 2 days instead of one (UGH!). Does anyone know of any other one-day Pre-Cana options in the area? I'm willing to drive anywhere. Would love a cheaper option, too!  My church wants to charge us $200.  Thanks for your help!
    Posted by onelastpost[/QUOTE]

Hey, I will send you a PM
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_pre-cana-any-one-day-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:85933a14-fb04-451e-9ace-a1bb5b7932faPost:68011d24-c7f4-4381-94ac-412407a269d3">Re: Pre-Cana - Any one-day options?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pre-Cana - Any one-day options? : Hey, I will send you a PM
    Posted by ccb150[/QUOTE]

Thanks, all!  ccb - I replied to your PM!

St. Dots was actually where we planned to go, but they only have 1 more one-day option left and it's the same day as our tasting.  They have 1 other weekend available for 2012 Pre-Cana, which would still be $100, and if we go in 2013, it'll be $200.  I am already paying the parish a lot for our ceremony, and everything w/ the wedding seems to be more expensive than we planned, we'd love to have Pre-Cana not be one of those unplanned huge expenses!!  Thanks for all your help - I'll be calling around to the parishes you've mentioned!
  • St. John Chysostom in Wallingford offers a 1 day preCana and its only 75 for non members. The class is coming up October 6th. PM me if you'd like the contact info
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did it online from London after we couldn't get on a course here.  The UK doesn't make couples do it, but Philadelphia does, the US in general in fact.  Philadelphia takes the online course.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_pre-cana-any-one-day-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:85933a14-fb04-451e-9ace-a1bb5b7932faPost:62d7bc83-fbb7-470d-b4be-8c663f3f6722">Re:PreCana Any oneday options?</a>:
    [QUOTE]St. John Chysostom in Wallingford offers a 1 day preCana and its only 75 for non members. The class is coming up October 6th. PM me if you'd like the contact info
    Posted by kmd0501[/QUOTE]

I'll be there!
  • it's been awhile but my parents both went to a catholic college, where they had to take a marriage and the family class and religion classes, their pastor ok'd one evening of meetings. He also knew my mom really well though so that may have been an extenuating circumstance. It's worth a shot though.
  • Hi! I just read your post about the one day cana class held in Wallingford. I emailed their contact info on their website. Do you happen to have their info? Thanks so much! 

Nicole
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards