Nevada-Las Vegas

When should invitations go out?

My guests will mostly come from Phoenix AZ (4 hours if driving to Vegas), also very few from UT and CO (8-9 hrs away). There's a couple from the eastcoast who already know the date and they definitely will come.  

I'm unsure when to send invitations out. My wedding is Mid-April, so I was thinking late January, early Feb? Is that too early/late?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When should invitations go out?

• Are you going to do STDs too?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just sent out my STDs last week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_when-should-invitations-go-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:9a029eb9-ae73-46de-abf4-bdee3d5835aaPost:0fb4ad20-0778-4b99-bca6-fc96c2ac7169">When should invitations go out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My guests will mostly come from Phoenix AZ (4 hours if driving to Vegas), also very few from UT and CO (8-9 hrs away). There's a couple from the eastcoast who already know the date and they definitely will come.   I'm unsure when to send invitations out. My wedding is Mid-April, so I was thinking late January, early Feb? Is that too early/late?
    Posted by psily[/QUOTE]

My wedding is April 12 2013 I am sending my STD's out in Oct then my invitation out in Dec? Most of the people that we are actuall inviting to vegas already know the information.
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • We sent STD's at a year and invites probably 10 months if I remember correctly.  Most of our guests were coming from the east coast so we wanted to give them as much time as possible to book their transportation and rooms.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We sent STD's out 10 months before and invitations 3 months before our June wedding.  Most of our guests came from CO, TX, CA, IL and NY. The RSVP date was a month before our wedding date of June 11.

I didn't want them to lose them by sending them out too early.  I still had to chase down 30 people for RSVP's though.
  • edited August 2012
    VG & Wallacje, we are thinking about sending the invitations 9-10 months before our wedding in September. What was the due date of RSVPs on your invitations? I'm having a hard time to decide if they should sent back the RSVPs to us in 2 months or later?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 4/20/13 here and we sent STDs out two weeks ago and plan to send out invites beginning of Jan (after the holidays :)).

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • We're 5/27/13...sending STDs out in the next couple of weeks. Waiting for FI to get a few addresses (argh!). Thinking about sending the invites in January.
  • Our wedding is 5/26/13 and our guests will mostly be coming from CO, IN and IL. I sent out the save the dates a week ago and will send out invitations in January after the holidays. We made sure to put our website information on the STDs though and that has all the info about the room block on it. This way people can start making travel plans now, but I don't have to worry about them losing their RSVP cards during the holiday rush.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is October, 12.  I sent the STD's out the beginning of April and the Invites went out the beginning of August.  We did have some international guests, but we knew months ago who would be coming from overseas (UK and Australia)  and who wasn't able to make the trip...and all of my guests are coming from Central California.  I still have some of my guests who don't know if they're coming.  Seriously? That's why I sent the STD's in APRIL.  So frustrating, oh well.  I know I will be making some phone calls in about three weeks...LOL.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We sent out our STDs back in like February and we sent out or invites about a month ago and the wedding is November 10th. The RSVP date is mid this month though so I can have time to call anyone who hasn't responded because one of our vendors requires a headcount a month in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards