Pre-wedding Parties
Options

No Bachelorette Party :-(

I am getting married within the next month and it doesn't look like I will be having a bachelorette party.  I am having a small wedding but have lots of girlfriends that I would love to hang out with before I get married.  Honestly, I am super bummed about it.  I've gone to and helped plan lots of theirs, not to mention spent a ton of money doing so.  I think it would be strange to plan something myself. 

A little piece of reality to show me who my true friends are.  My MOH hasn't asked for any names or email addresses.  Its kind of disappointing.  Frown

Re: No Bachelorette Party :-(

• Options
    Do you think there might be a possibility of a surprise party?  I know my friend that I was MOH for really wanted us (girls in WP) to plan her a shower.  Honestly, I was a annoyed that she has asked us so specifically to plan her a shower.  She was persistant in asking about what and when was happening.  We had planned her a surprise party so all the questions and expectations were pretty annoying.
    I'm not at all saying that you are doing this!! I'm just saying, keep in mind that someone may be planning something for you that you don't know about.  Hopefully it all works out!
  • Options
    How small is your wedding?  Are all these girlfriends invited?  If they aren't, perhaps they felt that a bachelorette party was not appropriate, which is actually proper etiquette. 

You still have a month - you never know what might happen :-)  And even if you don't get a party, you'll still be married.  That's the most important thing!
  • Options
    Question- are any of these girls your bridesmaids? How many do you have? 

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options

We have about 40 people attending the wedding.  I have my MOH and 1 bridesmaid.  Side note:  My MOH is pregnant.  Everyone knows and respects our decision to have a small wedding.  It is what we want after all. 

I guess its possible to have a surprise party, but I honestly don't know when it would be.  Given everyones busy schedules with the holidays, it would be tough to pull it off.  I haven't asked for one and this is the first time I have voiced my thoughts.  I haven't said a word to my groom because he would probably make his sisters throw me a party.   This bride just needs to vent a little bit, that's all. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:5bb62df2-203a-49a1-b2cc-8a6efafa18b1Post:feb82f8d-2c95-4765-93f7-716f3626d069">Re: No Bachelorette Party :-(</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have about 40 people attending the wedding.  I have my MOH and 1 bridesmaid.  Side note:  My MOH is pregnant.  Everyone knows and respects our decision to have a small wedding.  It is what we want after all.  I guess its possible to have a surprise party, but I honestly don't know when it would be.  Given everyones busy schedules with the holidays, it would be tough to pull it off.  I haven't asked for one and this is the first time I have voiced my thoughts.  I haven't said a word to my groom because he would probably make his sisters throw me a party.   This bride just needs to vent a little bit, that's all. 
    Posted by WinterWonderland12[/QUOTE]
    But all those girlfriends with whom you'd like to hang out before the wedding - are they all invited to the wedding?  If not, they shouldn't be invited to a bachelorette party anyway.  Only people invited to the wedding itself can be invited to pre-wedding parties.

If you want to hang out with your friends this month no one is stopping you from arranging a (non-wedding related) girls' night.  Just don't call it a bachelorette party.

• Options
    mancini104mancini104 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I get that you're dissapointed.  I would feel the same way.  I mean, come on!  Don't they know that someone is supposed to throw you a bachelorette party?  I guess it's one thing if there's money issues or it's a small wedding, but still!  You can have fun on any budget!  If I were you, and I've always been the planner my entire life, get your friends together and throw a party!  That's better than doing nothing at all.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards