DC

Thank you, DC-area ladies

My wedding is in a few weeks and I am not completely finished with everything on my to-do list, but I wanted to express my thanks now to all of the nice ladies on the DC-area board who provided helpful advice. Everyone on the DC board has been super nice online and provided good input. The ladies on some of the other boards seem so... um... not so nice is the best I can say at the moment. I think it's a testiment to the ladies of DC--we have a lot of class and tact! Cool

We are getting married about an hour and a half away and found about half of the vendors in that area and used about another half (dress, rings, photog) in the DC area. I will try to remember to post a review after it's over. Just wanted to ecxpress my thanks now. I would have loved to meet some of you at the local happy hour this week, but my schedule did not allow for it.

Re: Thank you, DC-area ladies

• kjane12kjane12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kitcat,  I think I remember your name for easing my nerves about ordering my dress from Rosalin's Bridal.  Did your dress come in on time?  I think I ordered it around the same time as your dress.  Mine has not come in yet.  
  • Kitcat106Kitcat106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress arrived 1 month early. I had my 2nd fitting last week. I was pleased with their service when I was shopping, but am less than pleased now.

First fitting: There was fabric bunched up in the interfacing in the bust area. Rosalin said they could press the fabric underneath and it would be ok. Second fitting: the hem and bustle looked ok, but they had not pressed the fabric in the interfacing and it was still bunched up. Now I have to go back again this week. I told them I want the fabric in question to be pressed so I can see what it looks like. I am supposed to pick up the dress 3/17. I do not want to arrive to pick up my dress if that section is not completely pressed.

Also, Fri. I took some borrowed necklaces with me to try on with the dress. Rosalin tried to make a bracelet out of the one. It is not a bracelet! She ended up breaking it!! I was sooo pissed! They should not be touching other people's jewelry!
  • kjane12kjane12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kitcat, thanks for replying.  I also have an experience with them ... I wrote this post in the Aug. 2010:

I ordered my dress early October and the estimated delivery date was the first week of February (4 months).  Being anxious, I waited to called the store only the second week of February to find out the status of the dress.  The guy says "it's on its way".  So I call back today, and the same guy answers saying "oh, you're the one who called earlier, your dress should be here by May"
    May?? That's an additional 4 months after the time I ordred the dress.  Could he have overlooked the initial order, and when I called to check on the dress the first time, put the order in?
    He had an excuse that it was a petite dress, and that China has two weeks off for their Chinese New Year.  So shouldn't it only be a 2-week delay, if any?

It normally wouldn't be a problem for them, but the idea was to have my mom take the dress and alter it for me (for free) in March.  She has a full time job and babysits for my sister, and does a lot of running around for the wedding just for me, and requested a lot of time to do it.  Now the store says they can do it really fast, but obviously their alterations aren't free.

I'm tempted to withdraw my order and go somewhere else.  I even called another bridal shop, but they don't do rush delivery on that particular dress. And if the turn-around time is 4 months, I'd be running into June.  By then it's crunch time for us brides and their families.  Am I over-reacting?  What could have happened to that dress?  Is there anything I can do but wait? 

Thanks for listening!
  • Kitcat106Kitcat106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You aren't overreacting. I would be very mad! I thought they would call me to let me know the dress had arrived. Instead, I got a postcard in the mail! Who knows how long the dress had been there before they filled out the card and mailed it.

I went back again today for my final fitting. The bust area looked fine. I took my sister with me who is a seamstress and she was pleased with the job they did. Good call asking your mom to do the alterations. They charge a crapload of $ for alterations! They quoted me $300 in Sept. but it cost over $400! My sister couldn't believe it! She said she knows how long it takes to do gown alterations (she's even made a few wedding gowns) and she felt they are overcharging.

Anyway, my dress is ok and I really like it. I will be picking it up a few days before the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards