African American Weddings

Happy to Be Here

Hi Ladies,
                I'm new here, my boyfriend proposed on christmas morning and we have decided on June 1st 2014 as the date (I know its a long way from here). I was super excited to get started planning, however family crazyness (my side is 200 strong and all nuttyier than a fruit cake) has me thinking of putting it off.

I live in the Caribbean, on the island of Barbados, and will be getting married here so I would love any planning tips and advise you ladies have for me.

I been lurking for forever and am really happy to finally be the bride.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Happy to Be Here

• Welcome..and Congrats... All I can think to say is since its been less than a week....maybe step back and get ur head around what you want and what type of wedding you want.. you shouldn't b having negativity this soon.. u know.... if they're crazy..(we all have some craziness..lol). Maybe if you have your plans mapped out... when u bring them into planning.. you will have all the control... You will be fine..and we are always here for you...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Congrats and welcome to the board !! We are to help anyway we can. Happy Planning and just take a breather !!
  • Welcome! I agree with nursing, you may wanna take a breather for a minute. I know I had too. Cause jumping right in with planning will make you lose it. I did this and had to take a step back! LOL! Any of the ladies here will tell you, "planning constantly and early gets old quick." Sooooo....You have a date, next is vision and budget. Once budget is solid, go from there. Once again, welcome to theeee BEST board!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Congrats and welcome
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome to the board... I agree with @nursing and Missus.. I can't tell you how many times i have went ghost on the board from being overwhelmed.. :-).. seriously.. I say live in the moment.. take it all in.. but have fun looking up ideas.. you have some time, so just enjoy being engaged .. ;-)..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies, great advise, I think I'll definitely cool it for awhile.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Welcome to the best board on TK!!! Congratulations on your engagement!  I also agree with nursing, MissusD, & Key!  Take a moment to just be simply engaged.  Right now, the only thing you and fiance should be doing is coming up with a budget...not how many ppl you will invite. You can also begin researching vendors if you don't know who you want already. Now, would be a good time to get pricing.  Lastly, you and fiance can simply discuss what type of wedding you two want. Other than those things, enjoy your time being engaged. People will continue to ask questions...when's the big day, how many attendants, where will it be, etc etc. Just tell them "they will be the first to know. Right now you are just enjoying this marvelous time of being engaged" :-)

Happy planning,
    Cha

click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Congrats and welcome!
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards