Attire & Accessories Forum

Wearing Flip flops for ceremony and reception?

Hey guys! I'm getting married November 4th of this year and I'm finding it very hard to find my wedding shoes! I have very wide feet and it's hard for me to find heels that fit my feet.... Everyone is telling me to wear nice bridal flip flops and I was just wondering what you guys think.. I want to be comfortable during that day but I just don't know.. any ideas?

Re: Wearing Flip flops for ceremony and reception?

• Try Nordstrom's.  They're good about carrying wides.
  • In November? Maybe on a beach....

Way I figure it....you're wearing a beautiful, formal wedding dress.  Your husband-to-be is wearing a suit or tux.  Everyone else is looking nice.  Dress shoes/heels would be appropriate.  It would look very odd to be wearing flip flops.

You still have a lot of time.  Keep looking.  Try online.  I'm sure you'll be able to find something.  : )
  • I think it really just depends on you, how you normally dress, etc. I never wear heels, and I hate dress shoes. I practically wear flip flops 24/7, and highly considered wearing them for the wedding (although instead I've decided to wear bridal TOMS)... I think if you find a good pair of bridal flip-flops, they can look nice, and it's not like people will see your feet all that much anyway... But that's just my opinion :) I'm sure if you want to find dress shoes, you will find something since you still have a while!
  • how formal is your wedding?  is it on a beach?

personally...i am not a fan of FF for the bride.  i can't stand the flip flopping noise, when she's walking around in her amazing EXPENSIVE dress. the 2 just don't go together IMO.
    if anything...go for flat sandals.  there are TONS out right now...since its almost summer. 
    try piperlime!
    GL!
  • Thanks guys!!! I actually found a nice par shoes on one of the websites! So no flip flops for me! Thanks again! and good luck to all! =)
  • I know that my dress is floor length, and my wedding is in July. I'm wear heels for the ceremony (some sort of shoes that I could wear again for any other formal event). Then for the reception (after the first dance), I'm wearing flipflops. I can't walk in heels to save my life, and honestly I don't think people are going to care what's on your feet at the reception, they're going to be drinking, dancing, talking and stuffing their face. Might as well be comfortable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wearing-flip-flops-ceremony-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:a7a228e0-aef3-45bc-a897-7425e3057421Post:d22b756c-e379-4a62-b6cc-40ccb1e85b1e">Re: Wearing Flip flops for ceremony and reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know that my dress is floor length, and my wedding is in July. I'm wear heels for the ceremony (some sort of shoes that I could wear again for any other formal event). Then for the reception (after the first dance), <strong>I'm wearing flipflops. I can't walk in heels to save my life, and honestly I don't think people are going to care what's on your feet at the reception, they're going to be drinking, dancing, talking and stuffing their face. Might as well be comfortable.
    </strong>Posted by maddiie3e[/QUOTE]

This.  No one really cares about your shoes or even sees your shoes often times.  Wear whatever you'll be comfortable in.  I hear or so many people spending $100+ on shoes for the ceremony they'll never wear again and change into FF as soon as it's over before the reception.  IMO, it's a waste of $
  • My sister bought nice heels for her ceremony and then some bridal flip flops to change into whenever her feet got tired.  She was wearing the flip flops around while we were getting ready and doing pre-pics so that she didn't get her heels dirty...then when it came time to head down to the chapel for the wedding, she completely forgot to change her shoes.  She ended up wearing her flip flops the whole night and not a single person noticed.  LOL.
    Anniversary
  • I have the same problem, plus I'm 5'10" so wearing heels is out of the question! Im buying flip flops from Old Navy and wrapping satin ribbon around the bands, then tying a small bow of the same color with pearls in the middle (pearls are on my gown). Alot of brides wear flip flops! LOL my friend married in PA in December and wore flip flops. She wanted some and couldn't find any nice that she liked. So I bought her some and did hers with crystals and sequins on them in white for her. Everyone loved them! Even her straight-from-Italy great-grandmother :-)
  • I will have some flip flops for the reception when my feet start to hurt. It is that or no shoes! :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards