Wedding Party

What do I call them?

I need help naming some members of my wedding party.  I am not having a large wedding party for any reason other than I love my family and I want all of the children who are important in my life to have a special part in my special day (so please don't comment on that).

Here's the plan:
1 MOH
3 Bridesmaids
1 Jr Bridesmaid
1 Flower girl
1 Best Man
3 Groomsmen
1 Jr Groomsman
2 Ring Bearers

thus leaving me with 2 precious neices (ages 7 & 8).  Their job will be to process and recess down the aisle with signs/bells (something like that).  They will also be part of photos and have a special job at the reception.  I don't feel that they are either flower girls or jr bridesmaids and I want them to have a special title.

The best that I have come up with is bridal attendants- but that seems a bit old to me.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What do I call them?

• How about 'wedding belles'? 

'Junior' is not an addition that people in your wedding party really need. If you want them to be there for you, just call them bridesmaid and groomsman, the junior is a bit demeaning (I guess we're talking about teens here?). I agree that 'bridal attendants' doesn't sound good, but that may be because I just read a horrible thread about those in moms and maids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_call-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:af493f88-7bd3-4e04-8da2-5ff96124229ePost:389122e2-ab9d-4e52-91ab-c75e085f803a">Re: What do I call them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about 'wedding belles'?  'Junior' is not an addition that people in your wedding party really need. If you want them to be there for you, just call them bridesmaid and groomsman, the junior is a bit demeaning (I guess we're talking about teens here?). I agree that 'bridal attendants' doesn't sound good, but that may be because I just read a<strong> horrible thread about those in moms and maids.</strong>
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]

?!  well now I have to go creep
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • I don't think so.

• I asked my sister (mother of one of the gilrs "yet-to-be-named") what she thought of the title "wedding Belles"...  her response? AWWWWWW.

Guess that's the best suggestion yet and may have hit the mark on the nose.

BTW:  I will be going with the Jr title.  Just as an FYI this post was not about that title.  The people who have been asked to be jr bridesmaids and jr groomsmen are excited with the title.  A little bit of tradition never hurt anyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I read another post once that instead of a ring bearer, they had a sign bearer.  But I do think the Wedding Belles is adorable too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards