Ohio-Cleveland

Ideas for wedding day photo spots

What are some good outdoor spots to take our wedding day photos.  The wedding will be next summer, so we're open to nature locations or cool Cleveland scenery.  We currently live out of state so driving around checking out places in our down-time isn't possible.

Re: Ideas for wedding day photo spots

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    East, west, south side or downtown Cleveland? There are tons of nice areas around. For outdoor stuff, the Cleveland Metroparks has several options throughout the area. The CVNP has some locations as well. I can suggest specifics if you tell me what area you need.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP.  You likely aren't going to want to travel too far away from your venue, or to too many locations so if you can narrow down where you want to have pictures taken, we can probably provide some better information
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry about that gals.  I'll be between south (brooklyn) and downtown Cleveland.  I'll have about 3-3.5 hours between my ceremony and reception.  The Metroparks are so big, I was wondering if anyone had a specific park location that was good for pictures.  I grew up near Brookside Reservation and the zoo, but don't recall any particularly pretty spots (graffiti,traffic,clutter free).

Thanks in advance for your help ladies!
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Voinovich park?  You could get some shots over the lake and it is actually a pretty space.  You could also get some pictures in front of the Rock Hall while you are there.

There is also E. 4th, which would be REALLY cool to take pictures at night on because of all the lights that are strung above.

If you are willing to pay a fee, the Cleveland Botanical Gardens are gorgeous.  I think it's something like $100 or $150 charge if you want to take photos there.

Away from the city, I'm not as familiar with the Brooklyn area, but I believe the Zoo also allows you to take pictures there for a small fee. 

I hope that helps some!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a pretty covered bridge in Olmsted Falls, and in the same city, their little downtown is quaint and nice for pics. The area is called Grand Pacific Junction and is right near some railroad tracks, too. In the Metroparks, you might consider Berea Falls, along the parkway not far from Bagley Rd. Depending on what kind of background you want, there's also Wallace Lake in Berea, Bonnie Park in Strongsville (watch out for goosepoop there though) and the Rocky River Nature Center (N. Olmsted I think) has some little trails stemming from it that take you to picturesque areas that aren't too far down the trails.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards