Snarky Brides
Options

Happy Tuesday!

It's not Monday ;)

I'm excited to start work today. I was awake about 45 minutes before I had to be (Minka woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep), so I'm up and showered and I don't even have to leave for an hour yet. But I was sort of a little excited to get up at a normal, semi early time on a weekday to go to work! And thanks to my Old Navy haul, I have a cute new shirt to wear too!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• Options
    HAPPY FIRST DAY OF WORK, Jess! How exciting! I hope your day is perfect!
  • Options
    Thanks Bec!  I hope your day is perfect too :)

• Options
    Thats great J&K! I hope you have a wonderful day! H is getting his car ready to sale today. He has this sports car that is really impractical. We decided to sell it before the move because we obviously can't drive 3 cars down! Hopefully he gets enough to,cover what he has left on the loan. We just need to get rid of it. The payments are kinda big and there's no need for the car. Especially because we don't know how long it will be until I find a job. Wish us luck!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happy 1st day of work J!!! 

HI BEC!!!

Apparently yesterday was Blue Monday.  Poor Derek had a very blue day.  He's about thisclose to quitting his job.  So, I guess we need to start putting out feelers.  If worst comes to worst we can take mat leave and parental leave at the same time, so there would be money coming in, but, well, that's not exactly ideal.

It's raining here.  It's January 17th. WTF?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good Morning ladies!

J  - good luck today, you'll do great!!

Morning Bec!!

Raynes I hope you're able to get what you need for the car, and that your H finds a way to be happier at work or a better job that makes him happier. I always used to feel so sad when my H was upset about his job and I couldn't do anything to make it better.

Nothing exciting going on here today - crappy weather so everyone's running late.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Good luck on the new job, J&K! And on selling your car, Hike. I'm hoping after this year that H can get a new/used truck. His is crapping out since he works it so hard.

Not much happening today other than the season premier of Justified (KD, you watching?). My landlord/doc wasn't home yesterday so I did't get to ask about my finger. Hopefully they are back today.
  • Options
    Good luck, Hike!

Thanks guys :)

• Options
    HI RAYNES!!!!! 

Poor Derek. I hope he finds something good soon. 

I've been up at 5am to work out the past two days, and I hate it. Yesterday was a long workout and not so bad. Today was a short workout and it sucked! It was too fast and I couldn't keep up. I hate that. Then I ripped a hole in the seam of my dress putting it on, so I had to stitch that up before I could leave, and I went to put on my necklace and a strand of beads snapped and bounced all over the house, then I shook up the creamer to add to my coffee and my dumbass DH didn't close the lid so it exploded all over the fridge, then I lost my phone. And all of this was in the last 10 minutes before I walked out the door. It was like a damn comedy in my house. All that was missing was a frantic soundtrack. :)
  • Options
    Sesh- H wants a truck too but we have to wait awhile. At least until I have a job. His other car is paid off so it will be nice to only have my car payment for a while. It's not a big payment either so it'll take a lot of weight off my shoulders when this sports car is sold.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh dear, Bec.  I hope the rest of your day is too boring for a TV show ;)

Oh hey, it's snowing.  Huh.  Well, I guess I'm out then.  Later guys!

• Options
    Good Luck J&K!! 

Morning everyone.  Today started off in a slushy, icky mess.  It looks like it is starting to clear even though I heard rain is forcasted for the rest of the day.  I'm currently at work trying to get motivated to start the day after a 3 day weekend.  I've been sleeping like crap because it's been crazy dry in our apartment which leads to FI "sawing wood"  all night.  Fun times.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:892e7dc4-9c02-4b1f-b67f-5a9691f8e36c">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]HI RAYNES!!!!!  Poor Derek. I hope he finds something good soon.  I've been up at 5am to work out the past two days, and I hate it. Yesterday was a long workout and not so bad. Today was a short workout and it sucked! It was too fast and I couldn't keep up. I hate that. Then I ripped a hole in the seam of my dress putting it on, so I had to stitch that up before I could leave, and I went to put on my necklace and a strand of beads snapped and bounced all over the house, then I shook up the creamer to add to my coffee and my dumbass DH didn't close the lid so it exploded all over the fridge, then I lost my phone. And all of this was in the last 10 minutes before I walked out the door. It was like a damn comedy in my house. All that was missing was a frantic soundtrack. :)
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

OMG. Bec.

Go home and go back to bed. Maybe you can start over again tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    Fricking fracking arseholes!  Derek just drove in the hour and a half only to be told "oh, you're off today!".  &%^&(&#$#^%^%!!!!  Not cool man.  Not cool.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:9e091b29-e48b-406b-a9a9-f6a1f836b9c4">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fricking fracking arseholes!  Derek just drove in the hour and a half only to be told "oh, you're off today!".<strong>  &%^&(&#$#^%^%!!!!</strong>  Not cool man.  Not cool.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

I agree. That's F'd up.
  • Options
    Oh jeesh Bec, it's like a comedy of errors.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:0a250ce2-8ad2-458c-b432-bcb813806871">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raynes, seriously?  Did they mess up the schedule or something? And good luck today J&K!
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

There is no schedule.  Usually it's come in, do this work, go home.  For the last few months he's only had enough work to last until about 1-2pm.  His boss is seriously making puppies lately (aka, fvcking the dog) and hasn't picked up any new contracts for them.  So while Derek is a very skilled flooring installer, he's be stuck installing railings and patching concrete lately.  He's off to the flooring site to find some work for the day, so he won't be going right home, but it's frustrating as fuuck.
  • Options
    Morning!  I was up super early today and got to work early.  Now I'm tired and my motivation is slipping. 

H started his long tax season hours yesterday.  I really didn't miss that.
  • Options
    WTF Raynes? That sucks so bad. I hate those people. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:e9624974-ad46-4be0-80b3-bd72103b0e0d">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy 1st day of work, J! It's storming like crazy here and almost 60 degrees, but will be dropping fast and we should have snow flurries this afternoon.  <strong>Oddest.weather.ever for January.</strong>
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Here too.  It's supposed to rain all day, then drop down below freezing overnight, snow tomorrow and Thursday and be raining again by Sunday.

I mean, I'm not complaining about no shoveling so far, but this is just whack.
  • Options
    It's the end of the world, y'all.
  • Options
    Good morning all. It's very dreary and rainy here too. H woke up saying "why is it so dark out" because there was no sun coming in our room at all. I thought my alarm was going off way earlier than it should have. I have to go out into this weather today to do Housekeeping inspections at some of our properties. It's disgusting the way some of these people live. Most of our customers are foreign college students who don't clean up after themselves and leave their kitchens a disaster. I'm talking food on the ceiling, floor, walls, and every other surface kind of disaster. We have to go out and check them to be sure we don't end up with any kinds of bugs. I always be sure to leave all of my personal belongings in the car so I don't have anything crawl into my stuff while I'm there. Just a clipboard, a pen, and my ID. I'm getting an upset stomach just thinking about it.

Good luck Hike and J&K with what you are doing today.

Bec and Raynes- I hope your day gets better.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good Morning guys,

Happy first day at your new job, J! 

Bec, it sounds like your morning was similar to my weekend.  Everything that could go wrong... did.  I'm happy the weekend is over because maybe it means things will stop breaking.  Saturday started off with an awful morning at work followed by the screen on my kindle freaking out that afternoon.  After 2 hours on the phone with Amazon, they can replace with kindle at a "reduced price".  It was only a year old. 

On Sunday I had to deal with a plethora of viruses on my computer that was causing system failure.  That was fun. 

And yesterday, my new sewing machine broke.  So much for a relaxing long weekend.
  • Options
    OMG YIO. That sounds horrible. 
  • Options
    H and I FINALLY dragged our butts out of bed at 5am. We joined a gym since P90X hasn't been working out so well. We got dressed, headed outside and BAM- snow? WTF? I didn't think we got snow anymore? It was only about 2 or so inches but my car was completely snowed and iced over. Needless to say, neither of us wanted to clean off the car in the pitch dark... so we failed at the gym today.

Lame!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Good Morning.

I'm walking around like an old lady today thanks to pushing it a bit exercising yesterday.  My poor legs and tush!  But i DID go test-drive a brand new, fancy, shiny treadmill and I want it so badly. Maybe it'll be a birthday gift to myself this summer.

We finally have some white stuff on the ground but it's still a piss-poor excuse for snow but at least it's something.

YIO:  My sympathies are all for you.  I clean those places.  Yuck.
  • Options
    Morning ladies! Hoping the day goes by quickly. It isn't too cold around here, although there is quite a bit of ice on the ground. Hope you have a good first day J. Also, Pirate, I love the new siggy pic of your pup :)
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning everyone.  Day 1 without the boss at work. It's already wonderful. :)

Denise- I've been thinking about you. Did you update yesterday? How did your appt go? (Unless you don't want to talk about it... I understand.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:16e40999-4a04-4605-a214-e1fd65195ed9">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I FINALLY dragged our butts out of bed at 5am. We joined a gym since P90X hasn't been working out so well. We got dressed, headed outside and BAM- snow? WTF?<strong> I didn't think we got snow anymore?</strong> It was only about 2 or so inches but my car was completely snowed and iced over. Needless to say, neither of us wanted to clean off the car in the pitch dark... so we failed at the gym today. Lame!
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

I was convinced the global warming had finally taken hold, I didn't think it would snow all winter!
  • Options
    Thanks, Denise!  Her ears crack me up.
  • Options
    Morning, all. I'm sending out a universal WTF to you guys because of the crappy mornings we all seem to be happening. Blue Monday was supposed to be yesterday, and I do not appreciate how it's leaking over into Tuesday.

I don't have much to contribute this morning. Work is slow, and the rain is making me sleepy, so I need to find something to occupy my time and keep me awake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards